Holiday Stocker Friendly Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With all the new members in the club it has been suggested that we do a stocker friendly/family run. This will be a stocker, family, wife, husband, kids, dog friendly run. (I can do this run with my slipping transmission in my 80 and in two wheel drive in my FJC)

It will be the Montana Mountain area of the east valley close to Superior. This is a very scenic trail that is popular with the snow bird jeepers and UTV groups in the east valley. The trip will take around 6-7 hours and we will stay on the main trail. We will stop at the old city of Pinal cemetery to see the grave of Wyatt Earp's first Wife Mattie Blaylock. We can also stop at the wagon tracks that were made by the wagons hauling silver out of the mine by the remains of the old city of Pinal. After that we will head to Montana Mountain from the Superior side, go over the top and come out the Queen Valley area. We will make a quick stop at the old cattle ranch, line shack that is still used today for cattle ranching.

Meet time will be at 0800 by the Jack in the Box in Gold Canyon. It is right off of US-60 in the Basha's complex.

Bring:
Lunch
Camera
Clothing for warm to cold temperature changes with altitude.
CB
Airing down is optional and not needed.
No Tonto pass or any other special pass is needed.

*THE DATE WILL BE SAT 12/28/13*

Please post up if interested and what day works the best. I will put the date of the run in the title once its confirmed.

Thanks
Shawn

Last edited:
Sounds like fun I will be there if its a Sat trip

:cool: One of my favorite trail

Last time CSC ran this trail we only had 17 vehicles
IIRC Several new CSC members lost their cherry on this trail:hillbilly:

Info from last trip starts ~post #27 https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/568107-march-2012-monthly-trail-run-2.html

MM group.jpg

Are there any places for non newbies to play? I think I ran this trail back in 2004 but haven't been on any easy trails for awhile. Will have to see what mine and my wife's schedule is for Friday.

I'm a NAU Alumni, class of 95. Funny enough I had a red 86 Toyota 4x4 truck at the time. I would love to have that truck still.

the 29th would work for me seeing as I work Tuesday- Saturday but I could see if I could get the 28th off

This sucks, work Friday and I have had 2 parties I have to attend pop up on Saturday. Being over 50 sucks, I thought I would get more free time.

New Member Number 292 along for ride

New member to CSC, TLCA member for 10+ years, Just joined CSC a few weeks ago. Bringing my 91 fj80 & kids to play. Been a few months since we wheeled in that area, should be nice and cold.

Looks like I am in x3.

Are they too young to wheel or at the age where they will make you miserable and ruin the trip? I have lived through both stages with my kids. :crybaby:

One is 2.6 and the other is 8 months, the older one might make the trip but I think it might be too long.

Any idea how long this run might take? So I can let the babysitter know.

One is 2.6 and the other is 8 months, the older one might make the trip but I think it might be too long.

Any idea how long this run might take? So I can let the babysitter know.

6-7 hours per post #1

If you need to bail early there are several places you can turn around. The total time it takes will depend on how many trucks we have and how long we stop at each point of interest.

I'll be there with my sons.

Great trip today. 9 trucks, including a 100 series, an 86 pickup and 7 80's .

First stop was wagon tracks cut in to the rock surface due to their weight hauling silver ore.

Second was the Pinal cemtary and a few famous sights.

image-816513028.jpg

image-3273785277.jpg

image-2152192687.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom