Holding water after rain. Search failed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having this issue after rain or a car wash. My 80 seems to hold lots of water inside the body (or so it appears). Tried searching, prob can't think of the right keywords. Opinions please! The 2nd picture shows from which weep hole the water poors out of after it accumulates. Sometimes it's the next hole forward. I can't figure out where or what to seal. Is this a normal 80 thing?

PXL_20210427_023804758.jpg

PXL_20210427_023759685.jpg

Search "Rocker Panel Drains" there you should find what you are looking for. Also search "Sunroof Drain Lines" along with "Bicycle Tube Sunroof Seal Fix" and between those (3) things thats all common issues with these.

oddly your photo looks like some water is up higher than the drain but maybe thats just how the moisture crept from absorbing dust and climbing if you will.

Rocker Panel slits and door panel slits.

Use a zip tie to clean them out. Lay on your back under the truck to find them. Make sure your face is directly below the opening when you poke the zip tie in there.

Search "Rocker Panel Drains" there you should find what you are looking for. Also search "Sunroof Drain Lines" along with "Bicycle Tube Sunroof Seal Fix" and between those (3) things thats all common issues with these.

oddly your photo looks like some water is up higher than the drain but maybe thats just how the moisture crept from absorbing dust and climbing if you will.

Thank you!

Use a zip tie to clean them out. Lay on your back under the truck to find them. Make sure your face is directly below the opening when you poke the zip tie in there

Use a zip tie to clean them out. Lay on your back under the truck to find them. Make sure your face is directly below the opening when you poke the zip tie in there.
I just woke my wife up laughing! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom