Builds Hokie's 2003 LX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That clips on the glove box door to slow down the door when you opened it. Like a soft closing toilet seat. I found mine disconnected on mine while I was changing the AC filter.

That clips on the glove box door to slow down the door when you opened it. Like a soft closing toilet seat. I found mine disconnected on mine while I was changing the AC filter.

Ah that makes sense. I feel dumb now for not putting that together. Thanks!

Did an oil change today and finally added a Fumoto valve. Used Fumoto F103N with the retaining clip for added safety.

IMG_8075.JPG

Saw you riding down fordham today. Nice mud sticker!

Saw you riding down fordham today. Nice mud sticker!

Thanks! I was on my way to pick up my girlfriend from work at UNC because they closed campus due to the water issues. What vehicle were you in? I saw someone in a maroon Boxster checking out the truck on Fordham haha

my white 07 lx470. traffic was a sh*tshow with the water problems. I was going the opposite direction.

In my LC the glove box is attached to the string thing. Try looking at your glove box and see if it attaches.

Yup, it does. Got it figured out with help from the forum. Also kind of bummed I didn't realize that was what it was for when I first saw it haha

Great documentation. You've really gotten her cleaned up and looking beautiful.

Love the oil drain valve. I keep meaning to get one 'before the next oil change' and never order it before it's time. You inspired me so mine will be here soon :cheers:

Great documentation. You've really gotten her cleaned up and looking beautiful.

Love the oil drain valve. I keep meaning to get one 'before the next oil change' and never order it before it's time. You inspired me so mine will be here soon :cheers:

Thank you! Happy to be of inspiration. I was reading a thread on MUD where someone bought a Fumoto and quickly Amazon Prime'd one to my house just in time for my oil change that I was planning on doing last weekend. Definitely one of those small things I've been meaning to get the last 2 oil changes.

Replaced my reverse lights with the JDM ASTAR lights. Beam pattern definitely throws more light onto the ground versus straight back which is nice for visibility on the ground. Camera autofocus/exposure makes them look roughly the same brightness but the JDM ones are definitely brighter. Pic is to show beam pattern.

Will have to test them more than just in my driveway to see how they do.

Lights I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUF1APW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some comparison pics: Stock (left), JDM (right)
DB51CAA6-EB53-4139-8486-3F76AEF950FB.JPG

JDM Lights:
IMG_8189.JPG

Lights:
IMG_8183.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

Last edited:
Installed my new Scangauge II in the truck with @Ayune 's mount which puts it in a good spot. I still need to do some research on what else I can add to the screen to monitor. I'll do a separate thread on that install later. Fairly happy with it overall though. Painted it with Krylon 4921 Camouflage Khaki which is an okay match. Will probably take it out and try to find a better match at some point.
33022842758_72d745d5ba_b.jpg

Also washed her up and cleaned up the interior after way too long.
45983600715_8926ebc30d_b.jpg

46846180742_04d82f7d28_b.jpg

Did a common maintenance item today. Replaced the air filter with a Wix unit.
47012304291_4530140b3b_b.jpg

40047782623_66921f6810_b.jpg

Also began researching gear lubes to use in my diffs and transfer case. Leaning towards Amsoil 75W-90 Severe Gear for diffs and Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90 in the transfer case.

Got the differential (F&R) and transfer case fluids changed out this evening with the Amsoil fluids above. The new Amsoil Easy-Pack that the Severe Gear is packaged in is awesome! Made changing the fluids in the diffs super easy.

While I was underneath the truck I noticed some oil on the front control arms and lower engine covers. Valve cover gaskets are beginning to leak. Ordered up a Fel-Pro kit with the spark plug tube seals and bolt grommets and will get those replaced ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom