Hokierig's hokie 1993 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you steal the seat from your 88 fj62? Or did you have a spare? You must have had a reason to go this route...the seat swap journey is obviously a personal one. My 93 has seats that are starting to look tired, and the variety of seat solutions is like a menu at Dennys-seemingly endless choices, but none of them are what I really want.
It wasn’t my first choice, but I had an extra set of seats from my 62 and figured they would match closely enough with my rear cloth 80 seats.

I toyed with the idea of corbeaus or some period correct recaros, but I decided the money would be better spent elsewhere.

I understand why people recover the leather seats once they begin to crack, but I find them to be really uncomfortable so I opted for the swap.

My 93 has seats that are starting to look tired, and the variety of seat solutions is like a menu at Dennys-seemingly endless choices, but none of them are what I really want.
You’re not drunk enough.

You’re not drunk enough.
Roll
It wasn’t my first choice, but I had an extra set of seats from my 62 and figured they would match closely enough with my rear cloth 80 seats.

I toyed with the idea of corbeaus or some period correct recaros, but I decided the money would be better spent elsewhere.

I understand why people recover the leather seats once they begin to crack, but I find them to be really uncomfortable so I opted for the swap.
pretty awesome you had a set of 62 seats around. It’s funny, my LC seat, decades old and showing its age, is by far my favorite seat of all time.
You’re not drunk enough.
It’s true. :flipoff2:

Nothing like a one banana job to get the wheels moving again. I bought the truck with the driver sun visor torn off. My guess is someone got annoyed with the sag and solved the problem once and for all.

@Aloha Jen had a great post where she used some OEM visors from Partsouq to replace the US spec ones. The fit and color match is great, but you do lose lighted mirrors and the little section that fits above the rear view mirror. Small price to pay for new OEM visors for around $40 + shipping.

Part Numbers
74320-60390-B0 VISOR ASSY, LH
74310-60430-B0 VISOR ASSY, RH

F7F32A1F-A82A-4B75-ADFA-07E4D10BA369.jpeg

2639F212-0BCC-4E47-8AFB-0341C23C11C1.jpeg

9D179C7B-CC92-461A-B9E7-861380B22912.jpeg

Last edited:
Next up is replacing my O2 sensors and swapping the stock leather seats (again) for cloth FJ62 seats with custom Corbeau brackets. The team at Corbeau was super helpful resolving the issues with the FJ80/FZJ80 seat mounts. Hopefully they fit this time around.

Spent the afternoon swapping the stock leather seats out for FJ60/62 seats. I got my package back from corbeau with the “custom” manual seat rails. The first ones I ordered were off by about 3/4” in length and the rear mounting point towers were 1/2” short causing a 6* rearward slope. The corbeau sales rep was easy to work with but I wish they would have been right the first time. Seems like many have had to fab and modify the rails in some way to get them to fit.

The front seats don’t match now, but I have another blue and gray seat for the passenger side that I’ll bring back from the east coast next time I go.

The front seats and second row seats also don’t match perfectly, but I gave up on finding gray cloth seats for the front so I’m just rolling with it.

If anyone wants stock leather seats or parts shoot me a PM. Happy to give them to someone who needs them or wants to scavenge for parts.

Before

FC87FD6A-CBAE-4832-8C2B-9F28A148B779.jpeg

After

248E2DBD-CAEC-43A7-8668-523857973A4F.jpeg

2940A141-01C8-4BD3-B134-A2B55A2F37FA.jpeg

After installing a scheel mann in the drivers side, high end seats are the only way to go in an 80 series. It's likely you'll spend a lot of time in it if you're going wheeling so best to have a nice firm seat that is supportive.

After installing a scheel mann in the drivers side, high end seats are the only way to go in an 80 series. It's likely you'll spend a lot of time in it if you're going wheeling so best to have a nice firm seat that is supportive.
I was surprised how terrible the 80 seats are. Mine were totally hard and cracked, but the ergonomics didn’t work for me at all.

I would have loved to get some Scheelmann’s or Recaro LX’s but I couldn’t justify the cost. Maybe someday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom