Hobo Swing out Tire Carrier... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I call it that because its spindle-less tire carrier. I am running a shortened frame and a flush rear bumper, So instead of a a spindle I am running a drilled tube with a grade 8 bolt and washers. I think it might even be stronger than a spindle.....ahh I am sure I will smash it off of everthing so I will let you guys know how it works out. I also built a jerry can and crap holder aside of it. Measurements shows it will run a 40" tire :cool:

Cost about 60 bucks to build...

See you on the trail...
-Al :beer:
trucky 024.jpg

Hey I want one of those!!!

That is one biiiiiiiggggg but :flipoff2:

Chances are it will hold well but rattle like a sonofabitch..

:)

;) ahhh no rattling yet, and I drive it like a race car thru town. Plus the 2f,tranny,tires are too loud to hear a rattle at speed. :D

I will get some more pics tomorrow...

Hey Al, looks good! How late were you up that night? Had to of been late if you finished it all then. Looks good man, can't wait to see it in use this weekend.
Anthony

Damn. I gotta say that that tire carrier looks good!! Gotta love the rugged look.

Did you use a bushing in the sleeve or is it just metal to metal?

:beer:

Some more pics please. Looks good.

No bushing, I dont think it would have held up very well to the weight of that tire flopping around.
I capped a section of 1/8inch wall and drilled it from the center and ran a bolt and two washers thru it.
One of the best parts about it, is that its removable. Unlatch it and remove one bolt and off she comes..

Anthony...actually it took all week to finish, everytime I tryed to work on it somthing came up. (grrr)....See ya at Alpha brotha.

zucruisers said:
velveeta needs some bigger tires...

Hey watch it now....those are 35s. You are still breaking stuff with 31s on your sammy :D :flipoff2:

HEy I have been using a G8 bolt as a pivot for 4-5 years no problems. I made a sleave and use washers for less friction. As the washers wear I just crank down on the bolt.

BTW, what is written on the back of the truck in Sharpie?

Its Paint, from last years GSMTR. It says... " I went to GSMTR to dent my truck...MORE" the hatch is so beat and rusted I dint care if it was painted on.

Bad ass...more pics.....need details to build one of my own...you haven't patented it yet have ya....sweet set up!

saweeeeettt bro! that thing is sick...

-i honestly can't see that thing rattling... looks pretty stout

-man i gotta move back in with you guys just to get a sweet FLORIDA license plate...

much love... see ya in 2 weeks

bandy rooster said:
-man i gotta move back in with you guys just to get a sweet FLORIDA license plate...

that and for few other reasons :cool: i miss ya butthead. You are missin out on some good cruiser crap. And there is a trip this friday....a night attack at Alpha.

Can't wait to see ya brotha..

-Al :beer: :beer:

p.s. I slacked tonight becasue I was making sushi but, I'll get some more pics tomorrow.

lowtideride said:
Hey watch it now....those are 35s. You are still breaking stuff with 31s on your sammy :D :flipoff2:

i didnt break mine yet, just dom's, lol, besides, i have 33's on mine, and 35's will be on it by spring hopefully...just need to make mounts for my new springs
-tire carrier looks sick though, you should add a high lift mount to it...like on wes' 40

zucruisers said:
i didnt break mine yet, just dom's, lol, besides, i have 33's on mine, and 35's will be on it by spring hopefully...just need to make mounts for my new springs
-tire carrier looks sick though, you should add a high lift mount to it...like on wes' 40

No thanks. Hi-lifts out in the elements are not good. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom