Builds Hj75 Restoration - Help needed / wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bolted down the tray and went for a test drive around the block and into our small paddock at home. It's so so much smoother with some weight in the back. It seems to be running really well, however I have some gauges to fix.

The lads are coming around, under the promise of free beer, to help with the wiring and other little jobs this weekend. I'm hoping to have it over the pits by March... Time will tell if I'm dreaming.

20200206_203822.jpg

20200206_203558.jpg

OK, so I'm stuck.
I'm fixing the wiring loom that goes from the engine bay to the transfer case.
I managed to buy a new reverse sensor... However
The tacho sensor was toast

20200221_165056.jpg

Here is the tachomoter sensor, which had the wires snapped off. I drilled out the top, soldered new wires in, heat shrunk the wire and put black sealant over the top to keep it protected

20200221_191518.jpg

20200221_191521.jpg

20200221_194452.jpg

20200221_194505.jpg

Last edited:
Now where the heck does it connect to the loom?
Can someone track there 2h sensor wire for me and maybe take a photo of the connection and the wire colour

Little update. I have been battling with some wiring problems over the last month and reading through old forum post to fix EDIC problems.
Managed to find the earth problem (finally) and installed all the wiring for the dash and tray LEDs.
Only a couple of small things to do now, which is exciting.

I'm looking for a little bit of luxury. Does anyone know a steering wheel that will bolt straight.
Leather or wood?

OK question time. I'm having more trouble with the Edic so I installed a manual override cable.
Has anyone installed a momentary switch to the Edic motor and used it to throw the arm forward?
Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom