Builds Hj75 Restoration - Help needed / wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks everyone, work has been full on so no time for the Ute.
Installed a new steering dampener today though.

2418CE68-3F20-4D9E-9310-AF7B465D647C.jpeg

63E87DB6-E541-4D9A-9F4C-A1019FFEA076.jpeg

BA8CBFCF-2576-49DE-B11C-5683881CCA46.jpeg

9EF99F36-6854-4244-80B8-16A6C792F909.jpeg

Yes I did. I put it into a junction box as all the wiring was toast.
That blue wire you can see in the last post is for the fuel sender I think.

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

its not that difficult, a quick trip to the hardware store and a search on google will get the same results as me.
I'm going to connect all the wires for the rear lights here instead of plugs. In my mind it seemed the simplest solution, which was also flexible.

I did think about that...
I was going to use rubber grommets and a dab of silicon on the inside to create a water tight seal, If I need to add more in the future, there are plenty of entry points and I can just do the same.
Time will tell if my idea works....
Thoughts?

doesnt look like you need too much help. Wouldn't be happy with my coolant pipes looking like that, perhaps lots of citric flushing may help. They do that for mercs, not meant to harm things besides the rust..

Update:
Raptorlined the bottom and started building the ladder racks. I'm using them for all sorts of things including a bike rack, jib for deer, ladder rack and they are big enough to mount 10w LEDs flush with a reversing camera and brake lights.
Also putting a box into the headboard

20190918_163309.jpg

20190918_163232.jpg

20190918_154530.jpg

20190917_125457.jpg

Last edited:
Only 2.5mm, I'm actually building a box up there, which I should have done tomorrow. It will have cross beams of 3mm / 25mm angle iron which will add the additional strength.
I'll post some more once I have done that.

Only 2.5mm, I'm actually building a box up there, which I should have done tomorrow. It will have cross beams of 3mm / 25mm angle iron which will add the additional strength.
I'll post some more once I have done that.
Thanks! I was thinking of how to restore my tray with the added SHS frames like yours . You're welding the base of the frames direct onto the tray bed?

I'll follow closely your build and see how I can work around my rust bucket of a tray. Too bad all I got is the stick welder -I'll just have to do my best with that.

O
Thanks! I was thinking of how to restore my tray with the added SHS frames like yours . You're welding the base of the frames direct onto the tray bed?

I'll follow closely your build and see how I can work around my rust bucket of a tray. Too bad all I got is the stick welder -I'll just have to do my best with that.

Didn't see your stick welder in the last photo :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom