HJ61 tail lights on without being turned on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paco

SILVER Star
Threads
The weirdest thing happened last night - I parked my rig for a meeting and when I came back about five hours later the tail lights were on. Rig was locked and the headlight switch was not on. I started it up and turned the lights on and then back off and the tail lights stayed on. Turned the rig off and still on. Started it back up and drove over to load up my gear and this time when I turned the rig off the lights were off.

A couple of potentially related causes...?

1) My dash warning lights have flashed intermittently - all the ones that come on with the key before starting. It is usually when sitting at idle.

2) Recently installed a Hopkins plug kit (4 pin) for trailer lights. Easy install and no modifications to the factory plugs.

Rig is 24v LHD. Any ideas what could have caused them to come on by themselves? Bad relay or ground? Vermin?

I would be going straight to the trailer wiring.

Are you sure brake light switch is not sticking?
I will be checking this first thing when I get home - it makes much more sense and there is a good chance I had the tail lights confused with the break lights. Thanks!

My 24V HJ60 has the same problem with the tail/parking lights. I've replaced all the relays and it still does it randomly. They will turn on hours after you have parked sometimes. I had to temporarily wire in a switch to the fuse panel so i can turn of the tail light circuit without having to pull the fuse every time I parked. I also have an alarm system installed by the previous owner that i believe would flash the tail lights when you locked with the key fob, that may be the cause of my problem but I haven't been able to tear into all of that wiring yet. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom