HJ61 suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the HJ61 owners out there. When fitting a lift on your rigs which spring did or would you go with?
I have the ridiculous factory bumper/bull bar combo with massive 24v winch, and some added accessories in the back (no tire carrier).
OME has the medium and heavy duty springs.
Dobinson offers the 7 and 8 pack rear springs.
What have you all used and what would you recommend?
Are the heavy duty, or 8 pack spring necessary for the HJ61 or will the medium duty springs with heavy duty shocks suffice?

I have OME heavy on my HJ60 without a big bumper- I think you definitely want to go heavy with those accessories.

Yep X2 for the OME heavy CS005F at the front - I just fitted them and I wish that they would actually be a bit beefier. I also got this large factory bumper
L1420916.JPG
but with the pto winch. I have the mediums CS004R at the back end. They seemed to be fine. I hope that the front springs won't settle much. I´ve already thought about replacing the 50 odd meter of wire rope with dyneema and to built a lighter winch craddle. @spotts55 How much bump stop gap do you have right now with the old suspension ?

I like my custom Alcan springs.

Yep x3 on OME - I went heavy heavy even though I don't have the monster winch up front I will be putting in a long range tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom