Hj61 - oops... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I spent today getting ready for a camping trip in a few weeks time. Then I did this to my pride and joy... so disappointed...
Lucky there was a hose close by - another 10 seconds and I don’t think I would have stopped it... The inside is now soaked, stinks of smoke, roof liner obviously stuffed, holes in rear head rests, back seat looks like crap, burns in carpet from dripping burning head liner... and happened in a matter of seconds from a grinder spark from out the back tailgate - at least 2m away from the car..
BE35DE1B-052E-4188-9ADB-FCBDD5C74E1F.jpeg
544E4E9A-33C3-4A56-9B33-AA0E6B738774.jpeg
D336C6D3-F3DD-4519-9F64-262B21EF614D.jpeg

Was very lucky the hose was near...

I don’t really see any positives at the moment - maybe tomorrow....
SO unhappy... my baby....

Wow that stuff is very flammable- major bummer- but maybe we can all learn from this disaster

Ouch. Glad you put her out, and its fixable. Best of luck going foward.

Glenn in Marana

You need to remove any and all materials that are burnt of have smoke on them ASAP! Then clean all smoke off the any material that can't be removed - body.

Keep in mind, fire creates pressure that forces smoke into areas you ca not directly see, so clean really well. If you see "Spider webs", that is smoke residue. In addition, smoke residue combined with moisture turns into a mild acid that will etch glass and eat metal...CLEAN REALLY GOOD!

Bummer for sure. What started it?

Wow! That moved quick!
Glad you put it out in time.
New headliner looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom