HJ61 headlight problem help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my JDM lenses with Bosch ones and have blown a fuse. I replaced the fuse and now my lights stay on without being turned on. The only way I can turn them off is to pull the fuses or the battery ground. When I replaced the fuse I got a spark at the fuse panel.I put the JDM lenses back in but still have power all the time. Could this be a problem with my light switch or have I screwed something up swapping in the Bosch lights. I don't know where to start looking for the problem. Help, Pete

Wherlwind said:
I replaced my JDM lenses with Bosch ones and have blown a fuse. I replaced the fuse and now my lights stay on without being turned on. The only way I can turn them off is to pull the fuses or the battery ground. When I replaced the fuse I got a spark at the fuse panel.I put the JDM lenses back in but still have power all the time. Could this be a problem with my light switch or have I screwed something up swapping in the Bosch lights. I don't know where to start looking for the problem. Help, Pete

Did you ensure the connector for the outside headlights stayed oriented the correct way? There is an adapter that clocks the pins; one position to the right I believe. If you do not re-install this connector (fits between the headlight pins, and the wiring harness) you will have very funky things happening.

hth's

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom