HJ61 brake master cylinder question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will a FJ62 brake master (Toyota part # 47201-60340) work on 1989 HJ61 imported from Japan? The part listed for the HJ61 is different (Toyota part # 47201-60370) but I believe Toyodiy lists the FJ62 master working on the HJ60 in the US. Thoughts?

The reason I am asking is I am having difficulty bleeding my brakes after installing new calipers. Because of time restrictions (damn work) I am going to drop it off at my mechanic and have him power bleed the brakes. If the master is also going bad I want to be able to tell him to grab a FJ62 master and throw it on instead of waiting for the HJ61 part to come in. I'll take any advise you guys are willing to share!

Last edited:
I'd like to know too.

I Picked up the FROR Tundy brake mod brackets and am curious how new and how large a booster will fit on a JDM HJ-61.

Won't matter much because the 62 master is discontinued.

47201-60370 supersedes to 47201-60380 and is not available in the US market.

But there are still remans available. I'm ok with a non Toyota part if it's the same quality and it will fit.

image.jpg

New Aisin last month.

Why not just get the correct unit for your HJ61?

You have the part number. Any Aisin distributor (read: KURT) can cross reference that and get you the correct part.

Time restraints might be an issue. If the FJ62 part will work the same why wait for the HJ61 part? If the correct HJ61 part is available immediately I would obviously rather use it, but if I have to wait and the FJ62 part is immediately available I would just rather go that route.

I don't think the 62 master will work just by some deductive reasoning using the EPC. I do not know for a fact since I don't have either of them next to each other to compare.

1. The gasket that mates it with the booster are different (good chance the bolt patterns are different). 47275-22010 vs. 47275-24010 . This is usually the best indicator that the bore might be different.

2. Good chance the inputs for the brake lines might be different between (RHD/LHD). Requiring a reroute of the brake lines at the MC.

Again, just conjecture at this point using available information. Could be wrong.

Sometimes rust can damage the rubber when pumping to the bottom to pressurize but do you have a lsvp and bled it?
It is just gravity bleeding, can do it alone so basic job.

file.php

file.php

J3102039 nipparts master brake cylinder
Cross numbers TOYOTA 4720160120
TOYOTA 4720160290
ASHIKA 6802239
A.B.S. 71538
HERTH+BUSS JAKOPARTS J3102039
HERTH+BUSS JAKOPARTS J3102064
JAPANPARTS PF239
NPS T310A41
file.php

Last edited:
No LSPV that I can see. I have looked and looked but have not found one on the HJ61. I dropped the rig off at the mechanics tonight and will see what he can find this week. Hopefully something simple like trapped air in the new calipers or maybe he will just have to bleed the master. Fingers crossed for an easy fix!

There is something there, but it didn't look like the one posted. Also, I didn't see a bleeder valve on it.

There is something there, but it didn't look like the one posted. Also, I didn't see a bleeder valve on it.

The LSPV will be in two possible locations: Under the MC or on the LH side of the truck at the back hanging off of the rear cross member.

Those are the only two locations that Toyota ever put LSPV's.

Get it figured out Casey? If not we have the FJ60,62 and HJ application AISIN masters here in stock, plenty of them. LMK :D

I think it's good to go now. My mechanic was able to bleed the brakes properly. He also said something about the e-brake cables being messed up. He then had to adjust the rear brakes as well, which is kind of weird because I didn't touch the rears. O'well, I will pick it up tomorrow and give it a try! Thanks for all of the help guys!

Fast forward a few years. We had a customer recently reference this thread and asking if the LHD US spec FJ6x variant master cylinders will work. My answer was the same as Beno's, not sure... we haven't had a reason to try. We have the correct one in stock for 80-84 as well as te 8/84+ FJ6x/HJ6x RHD models from AISIN and we know those fit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom