HJ60 feels like brakes are dragging.. but after driving nothing seems overly hot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, long time lurker - thanks for all the advice gained so far much appreciated
So the 60 seems to be having drive issues which I thought were the brakes as on start up (and now continually) it feels like it is driving with the handbrake on
It brakes fine when needed, the pedal is strong (no air in the lines) and I *had* thought that it maybe the MC given searching the previous threads on here and the manual suggest this as a starting point
Now I think maybe it isn't brake related as I drove it 10 kilometers (6 miles in freedom units) and after running my hands around the calipers/ drums and even outside on the hubs nothing was hot?
Engine is running fine, idles perfectly and produces about as much power as a 2H can produce haha..
Even if was a wheel bearing I would think you could tell by heat alone
Initially about 4 days ago it seemed a bit 'grippy' on take-off and now it feels like fulltime handbrake
Nothing smells hot - I'm a bit lost with it to be honest and any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

even easier is to find a very slight incline and see if the truck rolls by itself when you put it in neutral.

If the front pads are dragging on the front discs - there’s no way you can touch the disc without burning yourself after driving fast for a while.

Thanks people!
Just updating, the left rear wasn't spinning when lifted
The state of affairs was not great - crap all the way through it from the busted seals.
Replaced all the hub seals/brake pads and will do the right hand side tomorrow because 50% ran out of time and 50% got the s***s and started drinking beer instead
Tomorrow will tell I guess.
Cheers

Well it looks like the culprit in this case was the hub seals (not the MC as initially suspected)
Changed all seal/brakes and brake fluid and it is wheeling freely again
Nice to have a win :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom