HJ60 clutch Master replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.longestroad.com
Can I replace the vaccumm assisted clutch master cylinder on my Canadian 1987 HJ60 with the assembly from an 1987 US FJ60? I would like to get the vaccumm assist out of the equation. Is the rod that passes through thefirewall the same? Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not sure if the same but my bosster is useless ( actually I use all my vac for my brake booster, so I have this line to the clutch booster taped ) so I remove it and place the master direct on the firewall bracket.

That's a good idea. I'll try routing all vaccuum to the brakes. I'll take some measurement from the clutch master cylinder on my FJ60 and see if the holes line up. It would be pretty sweet to just replace the old one, with the cheaper variety found on the FJ60.

That's a good idea. I'll try routing all vaccuum to the brakes. I'll take some measurement from the clutch master cylinder on my FJ60 and see if the holes line up. It would be pretty sweet to just replace the old one, with the cheaper variety found on the FJ60.

Hi,
the master for a HJ60 with booster is quite different than the one w/o booster. I don't know if any of them will be a direct bolt on if the booster is removed, but I bet it needs a little modification-certainly Tapage can tell you exactly, since he has done it.

re vacuum: the vac pump should make enough vac to supply both boosters. chances are your vac booster is dead. If you can get one from a 70 series, it will fit, just the base has to be changed.

cheers,
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom