HJ60 blower motor issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, i'm new here and i'm hoping for some help. I own 4 cruisers, 3 diesels and a '72 40 series. I have very limited electrical knowledge, but i'm the initial stages of learning. The problem i'm having is with my 1986 HJ60, 24v, auto tranny cruiser. It has a blower motor that doesn't work. I have connected power directly to motor and it seems to works fine. I changed the resistor with no result. I've read about, searched for, and poked at all the breakers i could find hoping for a visit from lady luck, but no go... Any one with pics of the breaker or advice would make my day. If someone has pics and would like to help, please forward to regor6@hotmail.com. Thx.

Breaker is located in fuse panel. There are sockets for two. The upper one is for the heater, the lower for the power windows. I don't have power windows, so I only have one breaker installed.

To reset, remove the breaker and push a wire into the hole in the breaker. If it's been tripped you should hear a little click when it's reset. Check with a resistance meter...
fuse panel 01.jpg
fuse panel.jpg
circuiter breaker procedure.JPG

Hi, the breaker is fine. i checked to see if there was power at the breaker but i had none...any suggestions for a next step???

Check the fusable links at the battery. That circuit breaker gets it power straight from the battery via one of the fusable links.

In my BJ60, I have a similar problem. Power at the wire that plugs into the motor, action at the switch, but the motor doesn't want to spin. I give it a little kick at the steel part on the bottom of the motor and it starts spinning for me. Probably a bad bearing. Let us know how it works out.

Problem solved!!! Thx gang for the help. The blower relay was shot. Thx again everybody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom