HJ60 Batteries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
What size do I need?

Places in town are NAPA, Canadian Tire, CAT that I can think of.

Thanks

I apologize if this is already in the parts number list (forgive me I got dial up, and its four pages :crybaby:)

The biggest CCA that will fit the battery trays!

thanks thats what I figurd, I guess how much Iwana spend is up to me

I think you are better off with two of the biggest batteries you can get but of lower cranking amps - say 650-750. I read that the big batteries with lower cranking amps have thicker plates which = longer life and a better ability to stand up to the vibrations. The higher cranking amp batteries have more plates but are thinner.

I picked up a set of Group 27 "Jonhson Controls" battery, 730 cc with 160 min. reserve from Polar Batteries in Vancouver for the new rig. I paid under $80 each for them with the club discount. Regular price is $135 each. My DD is still running the old JDM Group 27 batteries without any problems. However, I haven't tried them out with a winch yet. When I get the 8274s rebuilt, I will see how they handle the load.

Napa batteries, Group 27.

You'll want a 27C6 and a 27F6.

You can run the 27C6 in both locations as long as the wires reach and then you can swap them from side to side on occasion.

~John

The biggest CCA that will fit the battery trays!

Not necessarily. Bigger CCA means thinner plates. Thicker plates can mean more longevity and resistance to vibration.

I just picked up a Napa group 27F the other day for the FZJ80. Been really happy with the Workaholic 27 series in Petra's HJ61, but thought I would give the Napa a try in the FZJ. Deka/Penn is a "very" good name. 650CCA if I recall the label correctly, however it is not here right now so I can not check.

gb

Thanks guys, I got the 27C-6, the previous owner already streched the cable to reach, however they un-did the ground on the battery tray to do so, so I got to fix that.

They said 710 CCA on them

List Pricew $173.53 ea
My Price $137.66 ea
plus $10 core, $5 battery tax

Hmm...I think I might change to no name group 27 battery that I have in my truck that the previous owner put in even though it's only a couple of years old. I notice that at long idle with many of the regular accessories on, the Redarc isolator shuts off and sends all the charge to the main battery even though the diesel engine itself doesn't need current to run and my custom alternator is high output. The Redarc shuts off below 12.7V, so my main battery is probably not all that strong.

I've also been happy with the Workaholics in the past...but maybe I'll try the NAPA this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom