HJ60 1986 2H won't shutdown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have a HJ60 with a 2H Engine.

I cannot shut the engine off via key. I had a look near the fuel injection pump, and there is a fuel shut off lever, but no EDIC motor or anything attached to it.

Apparently on the intake is an intake shutter valve that is vacuum operated I think? Could it be somehthing to do with this as cause for Engine not turning off?

Also what is that green electrical connection plug that has vacuum lines to it?

Thanks for your help!

20181223_204750.jpg

20181223_204250.jpg

20181223_204315.jpg

20181223_204434.jpg

The vacuum pot (actuator)on the intake you have circled is the one to shut the engine down. You need to have a vsv hooked up to control it. If you apply vacuum to the port on the actuator, it should shut down. Is this a new problem or a new build?

This is a problem that came with the car when I recently bought it. I'll do some testing on the port, now I know i'm on the right track. I'll update on the progress

The green electric thing is a vsv. Not sure that is the one to use ? You need one that is closed when power is applied and opens when turned off. There are lots of different vsv’s used on different Toyota’s.I have a collection. Pretty easy to find at a junk yard. With a couple of wires, a power source and your mouth you should be able to tell if you have the correct type.

Did it at least shut off when you pulled the rod on the intake valve?

Why not just try removing the screw from the end of this vacuum line, plugging it into the diaphragm??

20181223_204250-jpg.1861142

I looked at my 1986 automatic cdn spec 60 series and it uses this type of shutdown as well. And yes the vsv that is there on the intake is the correct one to use. On the end of the vsv with the two ports, one goes to the actuator and the other goes to the intake port.

Images must be of a Canadian spec automatic. I have the same setup.

You can see in the images the vacuum line with the bolt in it just goes on to the actuator with the open tube. If all your system is working it will shutdown per oem design.

My problem is trying to find a 12V VSV to replace the green one you show.

Partsouq says it is P/N 90910-12033 but I can't tell if that is the 24V or 12V version. I have 3 VSV coming from a 4Runner and will be experimenting with them as my VSV was burned out and I converted from 24 to 12v.

Looking at this stuff again on my vehicle. The original poster appears to have a turbo fitted. In this case it probably won't work as designed by Toyota. You'd have to figure it out yourself.

First thing pictured is a stop lever. See FSM for 2H page EM-24, FU-34.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom