HJ47 troopy rear sliding window sealant? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I had some slight water leaking from the double panel under one of the rear side windows and wanted to remove the window as I didnt know what the situation was like between the window and the body panels. I wanted to re seal it if it was leaking. the window frame is held into the body by that rubber coated metal u-channel stuff, sandwiching the edge of the frame to the pinched panel edge. theeeen glued in place with a rubbery sticky black sealant. Has any one done this and know what the best type of sealant to use to redo it? I want it to be like whats in there now, as it wasn't the worst to remove, and if I have to do this again.. or is it supposed to be just the outer gasket and the u channel? no sealant? it doesn't seem like it would be very sealed without sealant.

It’s 3M butyl rubber sealer. I used it for my cargo sliders on my FJ62. Good stuff and doesn’t leak. It’s what is specified in the FSM. 3M Windo-Weld Round Ribbon Sealer, 08620, 1/4 in x 15 ft Roll https://a.co/d/b0PzH35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom