HJ47 Troopy bent leaf spring plate and U-Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day All,

I recently got my rear leaf springs for the Troopy resprung. When reinstalling them I found that the leaf spring seats are slightly bent upwards which causes the u-bolts to bend outwards when tightened to the correct tension. I haven't been able to source any new leaf spring seats for the 40 series. I have found some for the 75 series:

www.allfourx4.com.au/Left-Rear-U-bolt-Spring-Plate-for-Landcruiser-75-76-78-79-Series-48047-60090-Genuine

www.allfourx4.com.au/RH-Rear-Ubolt-Seat-Spring-Plate-suit-Landcruiser-75/76/78/79-Series-48046-60100

I believe the 75 series ones will fit, however they have a 19mm shock mount rather than 16mm so I need to find out if there is a bush that will still fit the old shocks, or I would also need new shocks. If I get new shocks to suit, this will still mean I need a different bush to fit the top eye of the shock and the original 16mm shock mount on the chassis.

Has anyone come up against this before or know of any solutions? Any assistance would be much appreciated?

Cheers

Chocco

G'day All,

I recently got my rear leaf springs for the Troopy resprung. When reinstalling them I found that the leaf spring seats are slightly bent upwards which causes the u-bolts to bend outwards when tightened to the correct tension. I haven't been able to source any new leaf spring seats for the 40 series. I have found some for the 75 series:

www.allfourx4.com.au/Left-Rear-U-bolt-Spring-Plate-for-Landcruiser-75-76-78-79-Series-48047-60090-Genuine

www.allfourx4.com.au/RH-Rear-Ubolt-Seat-Spring-Plate-suit-Landcruiser-75/76/78/79-Series-48046-60100

I believe the 75 series ones will fit, however they have a 19mm shock mount rather than 16mm so I need to find out if there is a bush that will still fit the old shocks, or I would also need new shocks. If I get new shocks to suit, this will still mean I need a different bush to fit the top eye of the shock and the original 16mm shock mount on the chassis.

Has anyone come up against this before or know of any solutions? Any assistance would be much appreciated?

Cheers

Chocco

Hi Chocco,
I have a similar issue on an HJ45 project ute. I need new spring plates but am struggling to find anything other than 75 Series plates.
Did you get it sorted for your rig?
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom