HJ47 Transmission Sub-Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TreadingLight

La Liebre de la Muerte
Threads
'84 rhd (aus) hj47 troopy (2H).

I'm trying to find a wiring diagram with colors or a pinout for the connector that leads to the transmission harness (with the reverse switch, 4wd indicator, and tach signal).

It's a round, white connector, located near the firewall by the starter on the right-hand side. It is a 6-pin connector but only 5 are populated. There is a ground and ignition+ but I don't know what the other 3 are.

The transmission harness is missing and I'm looking to adapt a similar one that uses a different connector.

Can anyone tell me or point me to a diagram showing which pins correspond to tach, reverse lights, and 4wd indicator?

Imagepipe_2.jpg

The 5 pins are:

Blue: ign +12v input to reverse light switch
Red/Blue : +12v from switch to the reverse lights
White/Black: ground
Red: signal from sensor to the tach?
Green: ign +12v, but why?

The first three make sense but I am not sure about the last two. I found an hj47 wiring diagram that showed tach as red so that is probablymmy tach signal.

But the green really confuses me. If I am right on the other pins, I am down to just the 4wd indicate light. That indicator is ground switched isn't it? If so then I don't want to connect the return from the 4wd switch to the green pin.

Since nobody came to my rescue with easy answers I pulled the tach and 4wd lights off of the dash and checked continuity. For posterity:

Tge round 5 wire connector that goes to the transmission harness has the following pins.

White/Black: ground (input to tach sensor and 4wd switch)
Red: signal from sensor to the tach
Green: -12v from 4wd switch to the dash indicator

Hopefully this helps someone out in the future.

Last edited:
The 4wd switch isn't a ground switch, it's continuity just like the reverse switch

I see what you mean. The switch is fully insulated from the tcase. I just meant that the circuit it is closing is on the ground/negative side of the circuit.

Verified by looking at the back of the light cluster - each bulb shares a common hot, but the negative side is switched. This matches the color coding on my donor harnesses (sending white/black ground wire into the switch).

Since nobody came to my rescue with easy answers I pulled the tach and 4wd lights off of the dash and checked continuity. For posterity:

Tge round 5 wire connector that goes to the transmission harness has the following pins.

White/Black: ground (input to tach sensor and 4wd switch)
Red: signal from sensor to the tach
Green: ground from 4wd switch to the dash indicator

Hopefully this helps someone out in the future.
It helped me mate thanks. Also, your wiring looks almost factory. Can you take a picture of your glow sensor and resistor wiring? Almost visible in your photo above 👍 it would help me tremendously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom