HJ47 Oz specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm new here, I have an HJ47 1984 stock original with 33,000 genuine kilometres registered. I also have an 84 47 I am doing up. IE; genuine pwr steering/series 60 5 speed/aircon and probably a turbo. It has 370,000 on the odo.

Hi I'm new here, I have an HJ47 1984 stock original with 33,000 genuine kilometres registered. I also have an 84 47 I am doing up. IE; genuine pwr steering/series 60 5 speed/aircon and probably a turbo. It has 370,000 on the odo.

20211022_100607.jpg

20211009_160424.jpg

20210918_103221.jpg

Wow! Amazing shape mate, tell us some more details!!
the outside of the cab is resprayed to factory paint code, it was painted orange to conform with the duties of fire fighting support. The inside of the cab was not painted and is original beige. The only modification is a set of headers (extractors?) it comes with full tool kit including the little red spanner clip. All glazing is original Toyota. I think it had a very easy life, it drives like new (at least how I remember them when they were new). I believe the dealer who sold this vehicle to the RFS has since closed their doors, but it has their original dealer rear mudflaps. The RFS requires their own mudflaps while the vehicle is in service.

Your 47s are in a xcellent shape ! Congrats and welcome mate!
I find great that you knew these trucks when they were new. It was not often the case in other countries...

What about your tyres (make and size)? A closer pic, perhaps?
They have a very nice original look!

Last edited:
sorry mate, I missed your previous post, tyres are 7.50x16 Bridgestone Mud Dueller. I had an 82 troopcarrier which I ran Dunlop Road Grippers on. What photos would you like?
I drove '79 and '80 (in 1979 & 80) models on Cape York for exploration work. My boss had an FJ55, white and brown which was nice to drive...power steering and airconditioning. What do you have in the wauy of Toyotas?

It's all right pademelon, great that you're back...
...and awesome that you experienced something like Cape York back in the day. Did you ever post in the Mud such epic memories+pics?

As it concerns your great looking 7.50x16 Bridgestone Mud Duellers I would love a close-up side vew, that one could easily read all the codes on the side wall of the tyre. Thank you mate! :)

PS. "What do you have in the wauy of Toyotas?": Sorry, I didn’t quite catch what you said. Could you please express yourself using other words (I don't understand the word "wauy"...)?

Last edited:
It's all right pademelon, great that you're back...
...and awesome that you experienced something like Cape York back in the day. Did you ever post in the Mud such epic memories+pics?

As it concerns your great looking 7.50x16 Bridgestone Mud Duellers I would love a close-up side vew, that one could easily read all the codes on the side wall of the tyre. Thank you mate! :)

PS. "What do you have in the wauy of Toyotas?": Sorry, I didn’t quite catch what you said. Could you please express yourself using other words (I don't understand the word "wauy"...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom