hj47 body mount heights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, recently acquired an 82 hj47 troopy. The PO had pieced the body together from the cleanest parts of two troopys. It also got a h55f swap so he put a body lift in it fit the tranny, which ive read is common. however that was totally tht case when i got it . It actually just had a 1.75" delron puck only, no mounts in the front mounts, then nothing all the way to the back with only the .5" rubber mounts at the rear. so higher in the front technically.

I ordered a whole new set of mounts from Roger at 4crawler plus 1" body lift pucks in order to keep the tranny clearing height, and I liked the look of the 1" anyway :)

I installed them all yesterday and whe n igot tot the back found out that the last 2 mounts required only about .25" of BL puck. I cut down the pucks and installed. but then Istarted thinking about how the last mounts were shorter then the rest adn if maybe the other mounts were varying heights too? and I just put a bunch of even ones in now, whcih is probably not good if they are suposed to be different right?

sorry for being so long winded but does anyone know the stock heights of all the body mounts on an hj47 troopy or fj45 troopy? I never got anything to reference to start with :(

Thanks!

really? nobody? i find it hard to believe im the first person to receive a mount-less or mis-mounted truck, that wants to know how to put properly level it.
any insight would be awesome.

I have all new OEM body mounts for my 1983 FJ45 Troopy. Happy to take measurements but won’t be able to lay hands on them until early August when my container from Saudi is delivered.

I can however try to get measurements from the ones on the Troopy as it is already here. Pretty sure they would be the original mounts.

Just measured mine, but they vary between 1" and 1-1/4" and 1-1/2". I don't think they are original compressed at different rates. So, sorry, not much help here.

thanks gmac, that still helps ease my mind as far as deciding how much of an issue it is for me :)

Here are the appropriate diagrams. I have taken some additional photos of some of the mounts but not all of them. There are 10 body mounts on each side and for your HJ47 there are 8 different sizes used. So with the exception of 3 mounts on each side (which are the same) they are all different heights. Some of these bushings have multiple pucks, above and below the support.

Attachments

• HJ47 Body Mounts.pdf
    665.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
These photos are rear to front and only cover up to the door. The front ones are much harder to get photos of.

AC0A8F35-C32A-42CC-9168-D0A28D00FC76.jpeg

BBD65AF3-EE11-4B67-ADF1-9CE74447DEEC.jpeg

B99D36B8-8DA0-4CCD-9E1D-A433CA9F4A85.jpeg

E6BBA52F-B00E-4C5C-BC72-ECEFD6CDACFA.jpeg

FD202D16-5061-41A6-8890-EEFA7DAA740E.jpeg

ECE70D72-BA77-43C4-B3E2-15E5F1A9F6E9.jpeg

33F34235-7AB6-4F4B-9CE5-00B9BAF9E6F5.jpeg

@calen just a tip since you are new to the forum. Welcome by the way. If you make a comment in your thread directed at another member, they will likely never see the comment unless they wander back into your thread, unless you quote their message and/or call them out directly with @ followed by their user name.

I have all new OEM body mounts for my 1983 FJ45 Troopy. Happy to take measurements but won’t be able to lay hands on them until early August when my container from Saudi is delivered.

I can however try to get measurements from the ones on the Troopy as it is already here. Pretty sure they would be the original mounts.
Where did you source all new body mounts for an HJ47 Troopy?

I’m keen for a set… I’m missing a few and have nearly 40 years on the ones in there.

Cheers
Crusty

Where did you source all new body mounts for an HJ47 Troopy?

I’m keen for a set… I’m missing a few and have nearly 40 years on the ones in there.

Cheers
Crusty
Well write down all the part numbers and quantities and start googling. I found some at Partsouq.com, some off ebay, some from Toyota KSA (Abdul Latiff Jameel), and God knows where I got the other ones. Maybe Amayama or Megazip?

I don't think anyone will have a full OEM set. There are probably good aftermarket sets out there, certainly in Australia, but I'm not familiar enough to give any recommendations.

FWIW they were for my 1983 FJ45 Troopy and not an HJ47 but most of the mounts are the same.

@WarDamnEagle thanks! forgot about that. not the most net savy.
LOL Not sure what you did wrong but something because that didn't send me a notice. You need to type "@" and then start typing the name. When the name comes up underneath then click on that name. Just spelling it out won't work. Again, just FYI.

Well write down all the part numbers and quantities and start googling. I found some at Partsouq.com, some off ebay, some from Toyota KSA (Abdul Latiff Jameel), and God knows where I got the other ones. Maybe Amayama or Megazip?

I don't think anyone will have a full OEM set. There are probably good aftermarket sets out there, certainly in Australia, but I'm not familiar enough to give any recommendations.

FWIW they were for my 1983 FJ45 Troopy and not an HJ47 but most of the mounts are the same.

I hadn’t been able to source a complete set for a troopy in oz… and I looked, for 8 years 🤣

Mostly ended up shipping (to oz) parts for my 40 series from the US and A.

Cheers
Crusty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom