HJ47 2H Water Pump Pulley eating fan belts?

My HJ47 2H Water Pump Pulley is eating fan belts, i think. WP bearing & shaft no movement. Fan Flange no warp. Pulley definetly has a slight warp in it.
Can this be a spacer issue behind the flange? Or could new washers / seratted nuts fix this? Or does the pulley just warp anyway? What else can i check to stop the belts stretching? Wrong pulley on crank, WP, generator?
IMG_20220107_125126.jpg
IMG_20220107_125118.jpg

I can't really tell in the picture but is there rust or pitting on the pulley surface where the belt touches it?

not so much on the outer surfaces but... the pulley has close together double wall in the pressing which allows crap to accumlate then partially collaspe which deterioate the spin... i got another pully, no warp but 3mm movement laterall spin... also cleaned the rubber dust and gave all pulleys a good scrub with grrits... and a proper tightening... definetlty not tight enough on first attempts, allways been a bit shy on tightening fan belts and am surprised how hard to do these up... the 90 degeee twist method...has beenn working well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom