HJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a 1979 HJ45 Troopy with an H diesel engine and would appreciate some help with sourcing filters for it in the US.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello Collin,

I found all of my filters at Napa by taking the old one in and measuring the size, thread pitch, etc. All of the filters are also available from any Toyota heavy equipment shop. I got factory filters at Lobo Equipment in Albuquerque and CDan in Albuquerque can also source them for you, but Napa is much cheaper.

The registry is in my signature line if your rig is not already on there. :cheers:

Josh

Thanks, Josh...I really appreciate the help. Do you have the NAPA part numbers for the H motor filters (Oil, Gas, and Air)? Also, my Troopy is not listed on your registry so here is the info:

HJ45-044267 Collin380 79 Troopy RHD (AU) (FL)

Thanks again,

Alex

Hello Alex,

I don't have the numbers here with me - they are in my troopy in Santa Fe, sorry. I know there is a list here on Mud somewhere, but I didn't find it in my favourites.

What kind of filters do you have now? Napa has a book with part number cross references, and they had several of mine.

Your rig is on the Registry!:cheers:

Josh

I ordered my filters from roodogs in Australia. Received them quickly, shipping costs not to bad when you order a bunch at time. I think I ordered a dozen of each a
Few years back, have not worked through them yet.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I did some research today on line and found a place in Fontana, CA that stocks the filters for the H diesel engines:

All Forklift Parts - LOW Prices on Forklift Parts and Forklift Tires. Free Shipping!

The Toyota Part numbers for the filters are:

Oil- 04152-46011 $6.88

Fuel- 04234-48012 $4.06

Air- 23301-30205-71 $8.13

I live in South Florida and was wondering what you guys recommend for the following:

Engine oil- Brand and weight

Transmission fluid- Brand and weight

Transfer case and differential fluid- Brand and weight

Radiator fluid- Brand

I really do appreciate your suggestions and input.

Thanks,

Alex

Last edited:
whatever you would put in a tractor!

15W40 Shell Rotella T oil for my troopy in So. Cal
Sta-Lube 4 in the tranny, transfer, front and rear diffs
Toyota Red in the radiator after a real good flush

but like everything else it's all subjective to what you like and trust opinions/assholes and all that.

Also we require pictures of your rig before more information can be given :D

Hey Guys,

I live in South Florida and was wondering what you guys recommend for the following:

Engine oil- Brand and weight

Transmission fluid- Brand and weight

Transfer case and differential fluid- Brand and weight

Radiator fluid- Brand

I really do appreciate your suggestions and input.

Thanks,

Alex

I've run Amsoil synthetic 80W90 in both diffs, the 5 speed and transfer case for almost 15 years and had great luck (flush it all first at least once with regular mineral oil - change, fill, drive for a week or two, change again; it may never have been changed before). I even re-packed all wheel bearings with Amsoil synthetic wheel bearing grease and I run Castrol synthetic ATF in my power steering.

As for the engine, I ran Rotella 15W40 diesel oil in my turbo charged 2H and was happy with it.

Coolant: I agree with dukface - give her a REALLY good flush. Aussies are notorious for poor vehicle maintenance and I'd be surprised if you did not have a lot of buildup in there.

I'd also flush the brakes and clutch and clean the reservoirs. I've always used Castrol DOT4, but that's just my preference.

So... no photos, no further info.:grinpimp:

Cheers,

Josh

Sorry???? Notorious for lack of servicing??? As an Aussie I must inform u that I do take offense to that statement. I personally know of a dozen 1 million km plus LC's! That doesn't happen on one motor without consistent thorough servicing. Yes there are many owners who don't service LC's as often as they should but over here, u must service any motor. Here in cold Victoria we are just coming out of a winter that has Seen regular 2 celsius mornings and every summer we are guaranteed 40 Celsius plus. Australia is a damn tuff country and nothing survives without a little love.

Here Here.
Sorry???? Notorious for lack of servicing??? As an Aussie I must inform u that I do take offense to that statement. I personally know of a dozen 1 million km plus LC's! That doesn't happen on one motor without consistent thorough servicing. Yes there are many owners who don't service LC's as often as they should but over here, u must service any motor. Here in cold Victoria we are just coming out of a winter that has Seen regular 2 celsius mornings and every summer we are guaranteed 40 Celsius plus. Australia is a **** tuff country and nothing survives without a little love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom