HJ45 wont turn over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RocketCityCrzrs

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rocketcitycruisers.com
So this is probably something stupidly simple, but my Troopy wont start. Wife was driving it yesterday when it popped an upper radiator hose and blew coolant all over the driver side of the engine (never got warm, cut it off well before engine damage). Got it home and replaced the hose, but now the truck wont start. When i say wont start, i mean the starter wont engage. To me it sounds like the glow plug circuit is coming on as normal but isnt engaging the starting solenoid after wards.
I took a brief video of the noise it makes but it is just the glow plug relay engaging then nothing. Makes the same sound as when i roll back the key. Checked the easy things, battery voltage, loose wires, fuses, and all seem OK.

Thoughts?

Is your edic ok? Also see if your oil pressure switch wire is ok. I would also check fusible links.

I think 2H motors don’t start until oil pressure is sensed. Did ya tap the starter with a mallet? Sometimes the contactor can act up. Typical in some our aging LCs. How are the fusible links.

Going to go with a high probability of it being the starter. Put the multimeter on the black wire with white trace going into the starter solenoid and am getting 10.9v when I turn the key. The starter itself has a solid 12.39v too so I'm guessing the solenoid isn't engaging

Try jumping the starter/battery wire to the solenoid wire to rule out an electrical circuit fault. Have you tried spinning engine over by hand to make sure its not locked up? If engine spins freely but starter still doesn't engage when you jump the big wire to the solenoid then you know its the starter.

Should have mentioned, it's an H not a 2H. Let me dig out my trusty manual and find where the fuseable link is in that truck

Sorry I am in a 2H state of mind. You may not have fusible links.

Sorry I am in a 2H state of mind. You may not have fusible links.

All good, it is going to be a 2H REAL soon.

Try jumping the starter/battery wire to the solenoid wire to rule out an electrical circuit fault. Have you tried spinning engine over by hand to make sure its not locked up? If engine spins freely but starter still doesn't engage when you jump the big wire to the solenoid then you know its the starter.

Good thought Roma, I'll give that a shot if the rain ever stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom