HJ45 new member initiation intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

Another new/old vintage truck member to the group.
Firstly thanks to everyone who helps as I’ve been skulking around getting info for 9months now.
Bought this little beauty from the middle of the Atlantic last year and shipped it to mainland Portugal where I’d just moved to as my new project, seems pretty straight, basic, reliable and will be tinkered with often.

Regards the truck, apologies to those who believe in not molesting these works of art but it will be 90% a promotion vehicle for my new business so will be upsetting you with some changes :)

As for me, avid tinker and Land Rover enthusiast for many years (yes still got one), loving this truck and enjoying the similar simplicity of it as the old defenders have.

Many incoming questions so thanks in advance

Get some more posts so you can get us some pics... we love pics :)

Will do Johnny, joy of playing with the indicators/blinkers/direction lights today..... jeez why so many names for a flashing yellow light!

Guessing it came from one of the Azores islands ?

Guessing it came from one of the Azores islands ?

You are correct Sir.
I was told by the previous owner that it was bought new direct from Toyota to be imported direct to the Azores. Its had various roles but had a "restoration" about 10yrs ago and been used as a log carrying truck for 15yrs by a local wood oven baker on the island.

Plenty to do but I've played with far worse toys!

20200614_152009.jpg

Last few days I've done a bit of a rewire for the side lights etc, fitted new cheap chinese sidelight/indicators to pass its inspection (originals had rusted so badly inside the indicator bulb had rotted away meaning not enough electrical pull on the relay to actually blink), cleaned and refurb all the earths before I realised it was the lights at fault, and replaced the steering Bush that had separated giving rather a lot of play in the steering haha

20200614_152038.jpg

Other jobs completed this week included adjusting the passenger window, passenger door, bonnet/hood, so all close and open, re-re-pinning the door locks so all work off one key and fitting new bonnet/hood catches as the rubber ones had deteriorated in the heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom