HJ45 LWB Pickup, what size spare tire will fit underneath (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I have an HJ45 LWB Truck with original spare tire carrier (you can see the "hoops" in the picture). The spare tire I have under it now is a small 275 15". It is dry rotted and I want to replace it. I have 31 x 10.50 x 15 tires on the truck. I am wondering if this size spare will fit under the bed since originally they were so much smaller. I will try one soon to be sure just wondering if anyone has previous experience.

Thanks, Chris
82.jpg

Chris which type of spare tire carrier does your truck have? I’m running the stock carrier for my 78’ and I have a 33 12.50 15 hanging under it. I suspect your carrier is different from mine. I would suggest test fitting one of your other current tires. I suspect it will fit.

I was surprised how long it took to update that tire carrier. 6/76 they finally got smart and replaced it with the style that had been in use in the FJ55 for years. My 65 FJ45 has clips for the starting rod which is the same as the one used to lower the spare in the FJ55. Part of my spare tire carrier had been just off. Replacing it with one off a late model troopy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom