HJ45 Diesel Glow Plug source (see picture and part number) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Hello, My glow plug indicator is not lighting up and I believe I have one or more bad glow plugs. For good measure I want to replace them anyway as they are very old. It is a 1974 HJ45 LPB pickup. It does not have a data ID so all I know is titled as a 1974 (I could not find an engine number). Glow plugs in it now (pictured below) have stamped: PT-100 8.5V

Napa does not have them nor does the dealer. SOR does but show two part numbers for 1974. I did a search and I can get a set from Amazon but a 10 day or longer wait. Anyone have a source?

Thanks, Chris..

DSC01615.JPG

Just FYI, the Bosch GPT-214 are rated as a 6v glow plug, they are perfect for use with the Toyota super glow system in a 12v vehicle. If you use them in a "Wilson switch" modified system only energize them for a maximum of 5 seconds or you risk burning them out. The super glow system only gave full voltage for 3-5 seconds, then reduced to a post startheating voltage of around 4 volts.
I bought two sets (6 each set) from an ebay supplier in Auz years ago for my 3B. Gave me three sets of 4, and I am still on my first set.

Thanks to all for the glow plug help. After an exhausting search I was able to find 5 new glow plugs (they came from Spain). After testing mine I only had one bad one but wanted to replace all of them. I will wait for a 6th to come available. Installed them and my indicator gave a bright red glow!! Drove it to an event yesterday about 3 hours on the road.
@FJBen thanks again!

88.jpg

89.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom