Hj45 air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone dumped the oil air filter for something else, maybe an entirely new intake? If not any info on maintaining the current setup? Unless I missed it the air filter is not discussed in the FSM. Thanks
1975 H engine LHD 12 volt

I am currently in the process of making a custom Airbox with some large dryflow pod filters. Apparently the stock design is pretty restrictive...

What is your reason for changing? (Better performance, water tight, better filtration)...

Mostly mess my air filter actually holds oil in the pan. Performance wood be nice though

Has anyone dumped the oil air filter for something else, maybe an entirely new intake? If not any info on maintaining the current setup? Unless I missed it the air filter is not discussed in the FSM. Thanks
1975 H engine LHD 12 volt

Changing to a dry element type filter from a later HJ45 should be the answer.

Performance wood be nice though

The words H diesel and performance just don't go together! :deadhorse:

No doubt. But I would still like an air filter that isn’t oil bath, any ideas?

Perhaps converting your oil bath filter to a paper type element is an option?

MA3055A.png

AIR CLEANER[ (7709-8007)H ] TOYOTA LAND CRUISER [FJ4#,55,BJ4#,HJ45] (EUROPE)

Thanks that's what I needed now I just need to track down the parts

I doubt the power will change. But paper filters are proven to be the best type of filtration. Donaldson make a range of air filtration systems that could replace it with if you cant find a HJ45 filter.

So looking at the pic above do I just need to clean the oil out of my intake then drop in the correct paper filter? It seems all the other parts are the same. Thx for the help

It is a possibility.

Awesome

I'll add to the mess. The k&n box I have says e-2444 (2007) form down under. K&N site says it should be e-2440. But my filter measures OD- 6.75" ID- 4.25" H- 5.75", the K&N site by checking by size shows the e-2443 being the nearest. My filter housing just like post 6

Personally I'd go back to the oil bath if I found one, had them on older car's and tractors the work great just a pain to clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom