HJ-60 Soft Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hi all CruiserHeads ..!

Well after this post maybe you mean, " this man is totay and absolutly crazy "

The situation. I'm realy tired in my fight with rust specifically in my TLC roof. I'm not sure, but all of cruiser owners that live near ocean and with a lots of humidity maybe underestand me.

mi idea ..

hot_wheels_with_window.jpg

Yep I know .. but this situation is, I'm not gonabe cotinue fixin the rust in the roof.

that looks pretty sweet...you should put a false wall a foot or so behind the front seats. It could be a cross between a 45 and a 60....me likes

60wag said:
You don't use the back doors?

not both .. only the down door :D

in the proceess need to desing a good roll cage to atach ( and protect off course ) the soft top.

That would be really neat. If it were me I would make it Rover or OEM toyota stype where it is sort of a bitch to remove completely but the sides roll up giving it a roof only, most structurally sound that way. That would be really really neat... Andre

If I were wanting to go convertible, I'd do something like the old VW tuck n' roll tops - but that may not solve your rust issue, only add to it.

Samba_Top.jpg

Or you could cut it out at the rear pass door, like the old Isuzu Amigos

newdent_i.jpg

Tapage said:
not both .. only the down door :D

I think he meant the rear side doors, but you thought he meant the tailgate.

I think his point is that with the top like that, you can't really get into the back seat.

I would say do what others have suggested, and cut behind the back seat, so those back side doors are left intact.

TMAN_FJ60 said:
I think he meant the rear side doors, but you thought he meant the tailgate.

I think his point is that with the top like that, you can't really get into the back seat.

I would say do what others have suggested, and cut behind the back seat, so those back side doors are left intact.

Oooooooooo ok sorry ..

Ok, yes I want to preserve the rear doors .. I love my 4 door wagon anycase. my problem is basic the roof .. I really hate the rust .. really really hate it. My first idea was cut only the roof, conserv all doors and make the roof of fiber glass or other alternative.

Thats sweet, i have seen guys down in the southern us states cut the roof and rear pillars out and do somewhat the idea you are thinking, though they just run a bikini top covering the backdoor section like some have done with the older model 4runners. Let us know how it works out if you follow through with it.

I do not like the idea, but your you want, it watches this...
tapage2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom