HJ-60 Soft Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hi all CruiserHeads ..!

Well after this post maybe you mean, " this man is totay and absolutly crazy "

The situation. I'm realy tired in my fight with rust specifically in my TLC roof. I'm not sure, but all of cruiser owners that live near ocean and with a lots of humidity maybe underestand me.

mi idea ..

hot_wheels_with_window.jpg

Yep I know .. but this situation is, I'm not gonabe cotinue fixin the rust in the roof.

I think it would be sweet. My friends and i were talking about the same thing a few weeks ago. of course if you go for it post up lots of pics. Good luck

Pretty sweet, I agree. It's been done before. I would do it but my rigs don't have rust in the roof. Have fun with it.

there is one in WA state with a soft top, let me look for the pic.......

How about a nice 60 series ute:D
Finished product.jpg

Thats a sweet Ute!

That is an awesome idea. I think I would even bob it on the ass end. Or build a fibreglass camper shell to bolt on to it. :beer:

Tapage said:
Hi all CruiserHeads ..!

The situation. I'm realy tired in my fight with rust specifically in my TLC roof. I'm not sure, but all of cruiser owners that live near ocean and with a lots of humidity maybe underestand me.

mi idea ..

hot_wheels_with_window.jpg

Yep I know .. but this situation is, I'm not gonabe cotinue fixin the rust in the roof.
i like the looks, go for it...
cheers

Landpimp said:
there is one in WA state with a soft top, let me look for the pic.......

pleeeeeaseeeeee .. !!!!

And thanks very much for all comments and lean .. all are very apreciated . :D

Erik Jones? from Fla cut the roof off his 60 and added a roll cage. It was pretty sweet. You might search the 60 section for pics too. You could try emailing him for a pic too. fj60erik@netscape.net

Tapage said:

Not in the least! I think it would be very cool...

Make sure you post details and pictures so we all can pilpher when the time comes!

gb

wesintl said:
Erik Jones? from Fla cut the roof off his 60 and added a roll cage. It was pretty sweet. You might search the 60 section for pics too. You could try emailing him for a pic too. fj60erik@netscape.net

thanks wesintl .. that tip is much apreciated. I'm already mailed to Erck, but if you have the Erik user in IH8MUD my search maybe can more easy.

:D thanks ..

How about these two?

I think it is a great idea. Have the best of both worlds: 4 door passenger vehicle that is also a convertible. I have been wanting to chop the top off something for awhile now. I think I would rather do it to a FJ55. They just look too cool with no roofs. Now to find a 55 for cheap so I can start using my sawzall and my torch. Here Piggy, Piggy!!!

Good luck, have fun with it!

I want to say that bottom pic is Erik but I haven't seen it in a while and I couldn't find any gsmtr photos.

Grease Cruiser said:
How about these two?

I think it is a great idea. Have the best of both worlds: 4 door passenger vehicle that is also a convertible. I have been wanting to chop the top off something for awhile now. I think I would rather do it to a FJ55. They just look too cool with no roofs. Now to find a 55 for cheap so I can start using my sawzall and my torch. Here Piggy, Piggy!!!

Good luck, have fun with it!
i did a 60 simular to the brown one in the pic, i hacked the top off in 2 hours, did a saskawan body job (duct tape over some old rags) and wheeled it for a weekend. had a blast, stripped it on monday... too much fun. i would do it again in a heart beat...
cheers

eshelbyk said:
this one?

0049.jpg

Yeesssss you got it .. !!!!!! :D

tnanks dude .. thats the idea ..

Tapage said:
Yeesssss you got it .. !!!!!! :D

tnanks dude .. thats the idea ..

That would be great with some fold up troopy style seats along the sides.
Just do iT soon:D

David, look on the internet for Can Back 4Runner canvas top pictures for ideas for the mounting. Their tops is one of the best in the market. I'd suggest you do all you can to preserve the hard top side profile or you'd change the looks of the vehicle substantially. Compare the factory soft top for the 40 series to the aftermarket ones like BestTop, etc. and you'll know what I mean.

Yes, you are totally and absolutely crazy, but I like this crazy idea.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom