Hj 45 edic pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I’m new to this forum so please bare with me if I sound say somthing stupied ....I have just bought a 1980 hj45 troopy 3.6 diesel when I start the Jeep it runs for about two seconds then stops I have tried switching the fuel control relay with a friend but still doing the same thing but I took the arm of the edic motor and when did and tried again it was ok stayed running brilliant ....wot I need to no is there is a black pipe at the back of the edic motor and it’s not connected is this the vacuum line it so can some one send me photos of where to connect ....and I’m I right that it works of vacuum

The EDIC system does not use vacuum. It is an electric motor that positions the fuel control lever on the pump. When you cycle the key, the arm should move to the run position from the shut off position or to overfuel for starting. Get a FSM and follow the tests to see where the problem is.

The EDIC system does not use vacuum. It is an electric motor that positions the fuel control lever on the pump. When you cycle the key, the arm should move to the run position from the shut off position or to overfuel for starting. Get a FSM and follow the tests to see where the problem is.
Ok thankyou very much the leaver on the motor just moves back and forward I’m not a macanic but my mate is so he’s going to cheak all the grounds for me

That hose you describe is not meant to be connected, its a breather hose.

Edic is looking for oil pressure.
Try higher rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom