1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitting the junk yard

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Koffer, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Koffer

Koffer

Well with me being off on mondays I went for a junkyard crawl . I had been warned of a 80 sitting in the local lot .
    When I got there and it was pouring rain but I could see it as they had it close to the office .
    It was a 3/95 and had died from the front end biting the dust . some things had been taken off like relays ,tail lights and small knickkacks (read as stuff that fits in your pocket)
    pretty clean for sitting in the yard .
    all the drive train was there and when it got hit the dizzy cap was broken off so it didnt run without its green or red juice .

The best part is it got lockers :flipoff2:
    and they drop it off in the morning ;p

2. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

you buy the whole truck or just the axles and what not? are you gonna part it out or what?

thanks
    mike

3. Koffer

Koffer

The whole thing and it is too "f"ed to try to put back on the road so keep your eyes open in the "parts forsale" as it will help many :grinpimp:

4. Junk

Junk

Koffer - Let me know when you get it - there are some parts I need especially after this weekend ;)

5. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

Congrats on the good find!

Be careful if you are going to use the front axle housing from the junk yard. I have gotten two from the junk yard in the past and both were bent as a result of front-end impacts. Camber was way out on one side. Swap the chunk into your housing instead of doing a complete axle swap if unsure of the junkyard housing.

Don't forget you will need the controller box which is under the side kick panel at the front passenger side. I could not find the rear factory harness when I installed the lockers in my '97. The front was there but I had to run a new home-made cable from the controller box for the rear locker.

6. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

For parts, I'd be intersested in the sun visors if they are tan in color.........

7. Biff

Biff

Koffer, keep me in mind when you start selling stuff. I need a few things myself.

8. LongIsland60

LongIsland60

Congrats onthe find. I am on the lookout for the tailgate handle (the one on the top of the lower door - to replace one from a '92. Not sure if they are the same though.

9. Koffer

Koffer

Its gone but I would get a new one from Cdan as I broke the one on the Cruiser :princess: 92 and there had been a upgrade with a new screw that had to come with it

I'll keep everone posted

10. Koffer

Koffer

It showed up missing a wheel that was there yesterday and The guy at the yard said it left with it . :rolleyes:
    I called BS and told him his flatbed driver must have sold it on the ride over . I then told him ether they find it for me or make some cash show up in my hand or I spill the beans about him taking $200 for himself out of the till when I bought it
    "F"en tool :mad:
    At least the rest of its there and I will get pics tomorrow

11. Junk

Junk

Koffer - I'm going to PM you a list tonight :D