Hitch carrier for dirt bike on FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you all think about running a hitch carrier like this for a 250lb dirt bike on our land cruisers? Anyone feedback from someone who has used one would be great.

I just moved and can no longer ride my bike from the house to the trails and this would be a bit easier for me to store than a trailer.

I have run this exact carrier with my dirt bike on the cruiser. My only complaint is that the little ramp is at a very steep angle (I have OME / 33s) making it difficult to run the bike up solo. I usually have to start it and do the clutch throttle dance if I don't have a loading area to use.

My carrier did eventually have the tube that slips into the hitch crack so keep an eye out for that (took years and lots of trips)

I use a ratchet strap between the footpegs and the carrier to lock the bike down. Without that just using tie downs at the handle bars the bike could come off.

Works just fine. I have the same issue as Icolon in that the ramp is steep and I'm short so it's a bugger getting on and off by myself. I'm going to make a drop receiver for my hitch to lower it down 6-8"

IMG_20200618_220301.jpg

For you guys running this setup, what hitch are you using?

I have a custom made 2" receiver setup that Mudrak built for me a few years ago...

Here is my setup... You can see the ratchet strap on the peg:
Motorcycle carrier.jpg

Be careful out there - I just broke my arm a few weeks ago and had to have a plate and screws installed... Off the bike and no wrenching on the truck for a few months until it all mends up. Thank god I got my head gasket / intake manifold saga completed beforehand.

Last edited:
I’ve carried my KLX300 about 5000 miles on one of those ramps - about 2500 of those miles were off road through the mountains out West. Can’t beat having a bike if your cruiser leaves you in the middle of nowhere.

Never used it on offroad trips, just for moving the bike around, but I used to put my WR on the back of the FJ62 with a Discount Ramps Aluminum Ramp. 6" lift on 35s made it very awkward to get on there, and even worse to get off. Nearly put the handguard through the rear window more times than I'd like to admit. I used ratchet straps to the handlebars and rear pannier racks and then a small strap over each wheel so they wouldn't hop out of the groove.

IMG_0698.JPG

Welded up a 8" drop receiver for my hitch today so I can get the bike on and off easier. It's about 14" off the ground now instead of instead of 22" and I'll be able to keep both hands on the bars and not break my back window.

IMG_20200717_164239.jpg

Nice. Everyone’s pics are making me antsy to get my bike on the back of the cruiser and go for a ride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom