Hit it with one to many uga duggas How screwed am I? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SmokingRocks

hopelessly addicted to Cruisers
Threads
And how do I fix it.

IMG_6769.jpg

It’s part of the link assembly (85150-60111) and I *think* it’s NLA because I tried getting a new one for the turbo truck with zero luck anywhere. I’d suggest a parted out truck.

I can’t remember if its pressed in from behind and kind looks like a mini wheel stud or if it’s like a hub stud. 🤔

97793EB3-2692-4922-997B-4947C6810A7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Ouch, a dremmel tool and a steady hand? Or start with an EZ out and expect to end with having to fully drill the bolt out?

I wouldn’t have guessed that the wiper arm was threaded as well but this one isn’t on my list of things to do so I’ve never researched it.

Ouch, a dremmel tool and a steady hand? Or start with an EZ out and expect to end with having to fully drill the bolt out?

I wouldn’t have guessed that the wiper arm was threaded as well but this one isn’t on my list of things to do so I’ve never researched it.

I don't think his issue is popping off the wiper arm as it'll simply come off now that the nut is gone, along with part of the bolt. :bang:

I wonder if another Toyota vehicle has a similar setup that can be re-purposed?

The stud is part of the rod end. You have two choices: replace it or drill and tap it and replace teh nut with a small bolt and washer. Replacing it (the link, I mean) would be easier, providing you can find one.

It’s part of the link assembly (85150-60111) and I *think* it’s NLA because I tried getting a new one for the turbo truck with zero luck anywhere. I’d suggest a parted out truck.

It does indeed appear to be NLA as I have recently tried to find a replacement and none of the usual suspects carry it. I buggered up mine where the wiper motor connects to the linkage and would love to find a new one, or even a decent used one.

If it was mine, I would attempt to drill it out. It appears from your pic that it is a threaded stud rather than a part of the casting.

Even if it is part of the casting, I would consider drilling and tapping.

Could you take the part out and weld a bolt to it?

So I guess I should have provided more info, I was just over it at the time. So the wiper sits on a toothed stud that has a male thread at the end, the bolt that holds the wiper on is a female bolt that sleeves over the male stud and has a 12mm head on it. The head popped off, I suspect it had been cracked for a while and it finally just went.

Since most people wouldn't be, uh, mentally challenged enough to take an impact gun to a wiper arm, there are probably many gently used ones available.

yea, it was one of those moments... Last thing I had to do on a long long list of things, I was tired, it was late, I took a shortcut and instantly regretted it.

yea, it was one of those moments... Last thing I had to do on a long long list of things, I was tired, it was late, I took a shortcut and instantly regretted it.
I'll bet you said
"Shucks! I shore wish I hadn't done that! I need some ice cream!"

Bro live your life with no regrets. Think about what you've learned along the way. Ever forward

I'll bet you said
"Shucks! I shore wish I hadn't done that! I need some ice cream!"
I wasn't even pissed, I just looked at the bolt head spinning and was like "huh well that sucks" then calmly walked back to the bench put my tools away cracked a beer, and took a shower.

Well I put it back on after adding a cabin air filter and I put it on one spot too low.
IMG_6752.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg
IMG_6783.jpeg

Last edited:
I might be able to hook you up if your in Colorado, don’t know that I ca n look today, if I have time I will. @SmokingRocks

Let me know when you have a minute, I'm going to try and get the busted bolt shaft off the stud but if I can't or I screw up things worse I'll need a backup plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom