Hit by drunk driver... how bad is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say your trip has officially been canceled. The truck is definitely salvageable, but your going to want the insurance company to total it first. I would say to find a competent body shop wherever you are and tow/ drive the truck to them and leave it or ship it back home. A transporter between NorCal and San Diego wouldn’t cost more than $400 I would imagine. If the other party has insurance, their insurance company will pay for the tow and your rental car. The prices for 80’s are going up so make sure the insurance company doesn’t rip you off. USE BRINGATRAILER WHEN NEGOTIATING WITH THEM. The amount they give you is to replace your truck hassle free. Remember that.

Haha thankfully I got the 4X4Labs bumper on and am in the next town over from the aux tank instal. So I could get this all completed but yeah the rest of the trip has taken a hit. Thanks for the tips on pricing. I know 80’s even with my mileage are selling high right now so I’ll try to make that clear.

I’m confused. You’re talking about working with insurance to potentially total but still adding parts to it? I mean if you’re for sure going to buy it back, then I guess it makes sense?

I’m confused. You’re talking about working with insurance to potentially total but still adding parts to it? I mean if you’re for sure going to buy it back, then I guess it makes sense?

I don’t want to total it but based off what the forum is saying that might be the outcome. Not sure if I would buy It back yet or not.

I am currently on a trip to install these parts. The 4X4Labs bumper went on literally yesterday. The aux tank is scheduled for Monday. I paid for the tank months ago and getting this whole trip scheduled between the two shops and my schedule was hard enough.

So now I’m in the awkward position of do I proceed with the tank install Monday? The adjuster will probably see the car at the shop on Monday or Tuesday after the tank install is nearing completion (it’s a 10 hour job). Do I cancel and wait for the adjuster? Then I have to drive home 10 hours and back up someday for the install.

That’s kind of my connudrum

Having just had my wife's truck rear ended by a texting teen.... and a rear ending in our C63.... a few thoughts....

it's their fault...... and their insurance ( assuming they're insured.....) is in place to make you whole on the accident their insured caused..... it sounds amazingly lucky that you weren't hurt and they don't have to deal with that..... for a OUI accident that's a closed case.

not only do they need to cover your costs, and rental if needed - but you likely can then go after them for a Diminished Value claim..... if you plant to fix the 80. It looks like a fairly clean 40th - not a common rig, and one that's rising in value finally....

What was the outcome on repairs and review from Georg on issues ? Knowing that before their adjuster arrives is an advantage.... they'll always try to cut corners and keep the # low if they aren't close to totalling it out.... on an older rig they're more likely to try that as it's a ratio of KBB or comps to repair cost... so if they want to total it they'll actually inflate the # ...

on my wifes G63 which had the frame bent on both ends and we wanted totalled, strangely once the "diminished value" term came into conversation with the insured's claim adjsuter they increased the cost of repairfrom 48k to 62k .... as they didn't want the pending large ticket diminished value claim - who'd want a G63 with frame damage repairs and all thequestions marks of motor rebuild.

have you determined if there's frame damage or anything beyond the front arm ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom