History of my FJ45LV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.birdothebird.com
I've been posting on other forums, but everyone points me to this one, so let's try here:

I purchased a 1967 Fj45LV last year and I realized I know very little about it. I just know that I bought it from a guy that wanted to restore it but he gave up and decided to sell it. I don't know much else about it.

Posting this in case anyone here would have any connection with or more information on this LV purchased in Richmond , British Columbia, Canada from a guy named CHIN. It has a 2f engine, freshly reupholstered seats and side panels, and a few extra doors and glass.

Would love to know where it's lived, what purposed it's served (farm vehicle?) how many owners it's had, etc.) Very curious.

Also, I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has a rear bumper for this bad boy, I'd loooove to take it. pleeeease!

VIN number is: FJ45LV29218

Thank you!

XZCl17S.jpg

IpyQGvN.jpg

5KEIykc.jpg

4tdxDvZ.jpg

Would like to hear more. What are your plans for the old girl? Wouldn’t happen to have an extra rear seat?

Thanks guys!
I'm planning to either go as stock as possible to the point of changing the 2f engine it has to the original F engine, or to desecrate it and still go as stock as possible, but with an electric drivetrain.

@KT40 I don't happen to have an extra seat. It came with a couple of extra doors but I might have to use those to harvest some ribs.
I think all I'm missing in my LV is the rear bumper (from my initial inspection, I'm sure I'll notice more things) in case anyone happens to have one ;)

Have you checked your VIN against those in the registry in this forum section.

Have you checked your VIN against those in the registry in this forum section.

I did a search on the forum and got no results based on my VIN.

I checked some pictures I have and can confirm what crawlincruiser says in the LV list thread, this is definatley one of those 2 from Vancouver Island. I looked at those LV's when they were for sale. The one you have had a Chrysler 383 with an automatic and driveshaft between the auto and the T case, hillbilly style:eek:. Because of the gray, I suspect it was one of the LV's that was originally owned by a BC mining company, which had a whole fleet of them. I had one that was the same gray, which I believe was originally a mine truck and I know a fellow who has one which belonged to his father in law who worked for the mining company and bought the one he used when he worked at the mine when he retired, repainted now but was the same gray. Pic from the ad when they were for sale in Comox
67 wagon.jpg

A whole fleet as in two? It would be cool to see a group of them.
I have tried to find info on the mining company with the hope that a picture of a bunch of them would pop up but no luck. With the 2 from Vancouver Island, the one I had, my friend who has his father in laws and crawlincruiser posted pics a while back of an LV that was butchered up and made into a pick up that I believe was the same gray makes 5 I know of . Apparently there was quite a few more than that and they were all painted gray.

Yeah, seems like my LV came from Comox in Vancouver Island. It has the roof rack attachments, and it did come with a 2f engine installed, so seems like PO took both LVs or at least one and a bunch of parts.
Would love to see a photo of the mining company. I found a list of around 40 mining companies that would've been around at the time. Might have to send 40 emails and see if one of them knows anything haha.

This is the ad from 2015. Wish I had paid that amount $!

hmZo4vg.png

Yeah, seems like my LV came from Comox in Vancouver Island. It has the roof rack attachments, and it did come with a 2f engine installed, so seems like PO took both LVs or at least one and a bunch of parts.
Would love to see a photo of the mining company. I found a list of around 40 mining companies that would've been around at the time. Might have to send 40 emails and see if one of them knows anything haha.

This is the ad from 2015. Wish I had paid that amount $!

hmZo4vg.png
He didn't sell them for that price. He had so many responses to his ad that he wouldn't reply and then doubled the price when I finally tracked him down.

What designates it a Canadian LV? Anything different
Not sure if their was any difference, just wondered if you knew where it was originally sold.
I see @PG45er truck had a fairlead in the front bumper, did all these mining company LV's have a winch? That might be a clue for which LV's came from that mining "fleet".

@Tancruiser I can hardly see your LV its so well camouflaged! :)
The fairlead could have been added after it was sold off by the mining company so not sure if that would be a good clue.

What designates it a Canadian LV? Anything different

Easy way to tell a Canadian LV is they had triangular shaped “room lights” on top of the B pillar. Also the pre late ‘66 model years had a fresh air intake built into the underside of the 3” front roof over hang.

HTH,
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom