history buffs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
are there any fj35's still around. sorry been browsing this section and i have discovered a huge interest in landcruiser history

I think there might be a few still around in Central America and South America. But as far as I know they were never imported to North America.

The FJ35s were the generation before the FJ45LV wagons.

John

yeah i was going through the literature and saw an ad for one andthought they looked sweet

I've done a pretty exhaustive search for about a year and haven't found a thing.
FJ35's were made for only 6 months in 1960. They were a transitional vehicle between the FJ28 and the FJ45V/LV, and carried the FJ25 hood, bib, front bumper, and wheels. They also had some really cool cargo glass protectors. Only 60 FJ35s were made so it wouldn't shock me if we never saw a real one. Still I've got to believe there's one sitting in a Japanese barn somewhere. This is all I've got...
LV front.JPG

Last edited:
It's my '65 FJ45LV that I'm turning into a 35 look alike. I've had wood for a 35 since 1990. Figured I'd have to make one before I found one.
LV pass side (2).JPG

I've got two pics of the factory brochure but the large one is too big to post. The cutout at rear wheel was not like painting on the cover. It was just like the 45LV.

STEVE, can you post up the FJ35 literature that you saw?

Can someone post up a larger pic of the brochure? Jim?

DOES ANYBODY HAVE MORE FJ35 STUFF TO POST UP? Please do.

There are also two great pics (front and back) of the FJ35 in the
50th anniversary book.

Last edited:
From the anniversary book.
57329941.jpeg

Archie,
If you like that you've gotta see the FJ28 pickup and the FJ28 station wagon with the rear suicide doors. Man do I need that 28 pickup for work!

http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/images/print/#1959

Click on the second group of pics, bottom row, second from right. Supersize the pic after you click on it.

Wow I had never heard of 35's or 28's and I have only seen pics of 25's maybe 1/2 a dozen times. Its all new to me but they are pretty sweet. Wish I could find any of those they would look great parked next to my 55.

Here's the only actual photograph of a FJ28 wagon that I know of. This one is the 2 door wagon. Before I saw this pic I wasn't even sure if the 28 was actually made.
FJ28 Wagon.jpeg

the non US(prolly mainly japanese) 45 wagons also got the rear window(and rear seat) cargo bars, so did the 55, 60 and even the 40's

68795363.jpg

Land Cruiser Junky said:
I've done a pretty exhaustive search for about a year and haven't found a thing.
FJ35's were made for only 6 months in 1960. They were a transitional vehicle between the FJ28 and the FJ45V/LV, and carried the FJ25 hood, bib, front bumper, and wheels. They also had some really cool cargo glass protectors. Only 60 FJ35s were made so it wouldn't shock me if we never saw a real one. Still I've got to believe there's one sitting in a Japanese barn somewhere. This is all I've got...

Landpimp said:
the non US(prolly mainly japanese) 45 wagons also got the rear window(and rear seat) cargo bars, so did the 55, 60 and even the 40's QUOTE]

John,
Have you got any more brochures or pics that show the cargo bars (more detail)? It sure would be nice to get ahold of a real set, but I'm sure I'm prolly gonna have to make them.

yeah, they show up in the OEM parts books, I will scan some of it up for you. the window bars(on a 60 series, I saw SOR had some) look like that are just round stock with the ends hammered flat........even I could make those ;)

Land Cruiser Junky said:
Landpimp said:
the non US(prolly mainly japanese) 45 wagons also got the rear window(and rear seat) cargo bars, so did the 55, 60 and even the 40's QUOTE]

John,
Have you got any more brochures or pics that show the cargo bars (more detail)? It sure would be nice to get ahold of a real set, but I'm sure I'm prolly gonna have to make them.

Land Cruiser Junky said:
Here's the only actual photograph of a FJ28 wagon that I know of. This one is the 2 door wagon. Before I saw this pic I wasn't even sure if the 28 was actually made.

I need to scour my archives, I have the other picture that goes with that one, the one of the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom