Historic plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried looking around on servicearizona and AZDOT but could not find anything regarding emissions. Are historic plated vehicles exempt from emissions no matter where the vehicle is registered in AZ?

No. Plates are not really associated with emissions status. I forget the age but I think you can buy historic plates for anything over 15 or 20 years old regardless of its emissions status. I have historic tags on my 89 but not my 83.

To get emissions exempt for a vehicle newer than 1968 in Maricopa county you need to get classic insurance before you register. You can then buy historic or normal tags as you wish. I have both the 89 and 83 under classic insurance

Last edited:
No. Plates are not really associated emissions status. I forget the age but I think you can buy historic plates for anything over 15 or 20 years old regardless of its emissions status. I have them on my 89 but not my 83.

To get emissions exempt for a vehicle newer than 1968 in Maricopa county you need to get classic insurance before you register. You can then buy historic or normal tags as you wish. I have both the 89 and 83 under classic insurance

Okay, thank you for the information. I guess I'll stick to my veteran plate then.

Okay, thank you for the information. I guess I'll stick to my veteran plate then.

Probably best if that is your daily driver. Historic insurance is usually pretty limited with the mileage allowed unless you want to pay out the nose.

Probably best if that is your daily driver. Historic insurance is usually pretty limited with the mileage allowed unless you want to pay out the nose.

No, I am good. This is my daily and I do not wanna get bent over and not be able to drive the LC daily. Since owing it I have only put 8k in 10 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom