HIR Bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the HIR bulbs, brand Toshiba made in Japan, and WOW what a bright light!! The stock bulbs were awesome but these $30 bulbs are incredible. Bought them from Daniel Stern Lighting, on the internet, and called him. IMO definitely worth it as my wife and I do much traveling in the LX during the dark hours. Next will be the IPF J01's and a Slee wiring harness.

Elijah,

Good for you!

Did you just do the low's or high's, too?

Mot

LabRat11 said:
Details - please ...

Also looking at lighting options for my wife's 80....

Thanks...

Look in the Lighting thread in the 80 series FAQ. HIR bulbs have been discussed to death, but, suffice it to say, they are the BEST lighting option out there.

Clear lenses?

Tell me more.

Any questions just check this site out. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/ Great info and super guy to work with. Oh and btw, just did the lows with HIR's, I'm hoping that won't need the hi's with the ipf's.

Do em both you'll be happy you did. :D

I have HIR hi/low in the 97, and HIR lo/quality 100w highs in the 93. I don't know exactly why, as it seems counterintuitive, but the high beams on the 93 seem to reach out farther downrange with a corresponding disadvantage of some hot spots closer to the vehicle. By comparison, the HIR high beams are beautifully even without hot spots. Under most conditions, I prefer the HIR high beams, but on a lonely dry dark interstate the 100s are better. If I chose 1, it would be the HIRs for their greater flexibility and less fatigue with sustained high beam use, as well as less tendancy to leave you night blind a bit when switching back to lows. When the 100s go, I'll swap, but thought this would be a useful data point for some rural dwellers.

As to bulb life, no question that the HIR low beams have already proven themselves.

DougM

I just called my local John Deere dealer, and they wanted $38/ea for the HIR bulbs. Most here have been quoted about $10 less. I guess I'll get them off of e-bay...

Now you have me thinking about doing the hi beams as well.....what is the cheapest that you guys have found the HIRs?? IIRC I paid $36 for each bulb from daniel stern....ouch, but they are spectacular! Only want the ones made in Japan. Any better price for these out there??

I think they may be on eBay, but I got mine off Daniel Stern when we did a group buy for around $30 a piece, IIRC.

Low and Hi's in the 80, along with Slee harness. No substitute.

got my highs for the 100 from Daniel, pretty sure he charged me $30 each......but I was buying $200 of funky old sytle bulbs at the same time ;)

shocker said:
I think they may be on eBay, but I got mine off Daniel Stern when we did a group buy for around $30 a piece, IIRC.

Low and Hi's in the 80, along with Slee harness. No substitute.

I emailed the seller on the ebay site that was selling the HIRs to find out what make and where the bulbs were made. He hasn't gotten back to me so I think the Daniel Stern group buy would be a good idea. I'd be in for two hi's as I didn't pick them up on the first buy. If I hear from the ebay seller I will let you know.

Elijah,

Keep us posted on this.
If a group buy from daniel comes up you can count me in for a pair of hi's and lo's for my 80..

Those look to be the Toshiba bulbs on eBay. To my knowledge, they are the only manufacturers of the bulbs anymore, as GE quit making them.

I'm interested in a set as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom