1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIR Bulbs

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by cary, Feb 27, 2004.

1. cary

cary

I have been serching around for a supplier of HIR bulbs and have found a distributer that will sell the 9012 and 9011 bulbs for $28.95 in quanties of 10 or larger. Obviously, most people can get the 9012 at their John Deere dealer for the same price, but is there any interest in a group purchase for 9011 Hi beam bulb)? After shipping etc, would could probably get them delivered for $70 a pair (I would have to pay the initial shipping and then shipping to each purchaser). Any interest?

Cary

2. shocker

shocker

Sure thang! I assume we'd do a paypal thing?

:cheers:

3. cary

cary

It would be Paypal. Okay, we have two pairs, mine and Shocker, need 3 more, any interest?

Cary

4. Augie

Augie

Is this the one still need tab trimming or direct fit?

5. cary

cary

9011 will need tab trimming, very easy with a dremal. Note this is the High beam bulb. If there was interest, we could also do a group purchase on the low beams and for $10 a pair I could trim the tabs before shipping (it takes about 5-10 minutes to do, but considering my real life bill rate is $250 an hour it is a deal).

Cary

6. Big_Moose

Big_Moose

Cary

Count me in on a set!

Joe

7. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

Since this is a deal no one is gonna make $$ on, be aware of Paypal taking 3%....don't want Cary to get shorted $$.

8. RavenTai

RavenTai

interested but cruiser fund is a little depleated right now (just bought birf repack stuff) when are you doing this? I would be interested in both pairs

9. cary

cary

It would probably be a week or so. I have to order 10 (5 pairs) of a bulb type to get the lower price (otherwise they are $38.95 each). We should have no problem with the 9011, if I get at least 2 for the 9012 I may just order the extras and try selling them on ebay, or keep them for when others want to buy (I'm smelling a potential business here, lights and oil).

Cary

10. ELLTEE

ELLTEE

Count me in for the high beams.
    I just did the low beams with high-torque John Deere bulbs. Filing down the tab took about two minutes each with an old nail file.

The HIR's didn't fit as tightly into the lamp assembly as the originals that I replaced. Did anybody else notice that?

LT
    8)

11. cary

cary

Mine seemed to fit well with no play. There shouldn't be any difference since they are both 9012 base.

BTW, GE no longer manufactures these bulbs they are now made by Harrison-Toshiba.

Cary

12. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

The 02 and up Chevrolet Avalanche use the 9011 or HIR1 bulbs in high beams and are $33.42 list from a dealer. Only have been able to source 1 locally but I'll order another and see how long it takes. They still use 9006 in low beam.

13. NW-sickboy

NW-sickboy

i would be interested... .... one of my HIRs i got throug slee went dim the second it turned on... need a a high quality replacement and spares would be nice.. .. let us know if you decide to do it

14. cary

cary

I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacture of the bulbs to see if I can find a better price. It seems that if the Deere Bulbs are $28 list, I should be able to find a distributor selling them for about $15 each. I will know more next week if I can find them any cheaper.

Thanks for the tip on the Chevy Avalanche. I would expect that in the next few years with the Viper, Toyota Camery ? and Avelanche using these (and others will start to) that prices will drop and availability will become better. The question is when.

Cary

15. Landpimp

Landpimp

I was quoted $32 today for the JD HIR's from the local JD shop, were did you get the $28 list price, would be nice to be able to show em that......I hate list prices ;)

16. boydmick

boydmick RIP My Friend

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm in for both high and low beams. :D

17. ELLTEE

ELLTEE

My invoice shows 2 bulbs at $28.58 net, plus tax (no shipping). That's what the dealer read right off his computer screen, once he got the part number entered correctly.
    The dealer was surprised, but interested to know that I planned to use them in a Toyota. He sells a lot of lawn mowers and Gators in Asheville -- not many of the big green combines that use six of these bulbs to light up a wheat field out in Dakota somewhere.
    You want me to fax you my invoice?
    LT

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=12192;start=msg111950#msg111950 date=1077933157]
    I was quoted $32 today for the JD HIR's from the local JD shop, were did you get the $28 list price, would be nice to be able to show em that......I hate list prices ;)
    [/quote]

18. Beowulf

Beowulf

>> I was quoted $32 today for the JD HIR's from the local JD shop, <<

And my local dealer wants $34.87 each. I asked if he uses an escalator and he said "Yes." When I asked if he would sell them at the JD list price he said "No, we charge higher than list price on everything." He sounded quite proud of it too. "Ya want me to order you one?" he says.

:D

-B-

19. shocker

shocker

I got my John Deere bulbs for $25 and some change each. If you look on the JD website (you have to register), that's the price it gives too.

???

20. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    [quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=12192;start=msg111981#msg111981 date=1077937427]

>> I was quoted $32 today for the JD HIR's from the local JD shop, <<

And my local dealer wants $34.87 each. I asked if he uses an escalator and he said "Yes." When I asked if he would sell them at the JD list price he said "No, we charge higher than list price on everything." He sounded quite proud of it too. "Ya want me to order you one?" he says.

:D

-B-
    [/quote]

Man, It's a good thing yer Toyota dealer aint like that :flipoff2: