HiLift/Shovel QuikFist Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
I got tired of either forgetting to throw the shovel in the back of the LC on recent hunting trips or tired of the shovel hogging interior space...etc. So I mounted the shovel to the HiLift with 4-Quik Fists. Can not say it is off-road worthy yet (should be able to after this weekend)...but it is a stable mount and should hold up just fine.
LC Shovel 1.jpg
LC Shovel 2.jpg
LC Shovel 3.jpg

If the shovel starts moving around is there enough clearance to ensure your tailgate doesn't take a beating?

Yep. The shovel spade rests on the HiLift base so it has very limited range of motion. But the real test, as you probably, know is in actual use...will keep you posted.

Spressomon,

Looks like a pretty good idea. I would suggest that you get some 1/4 rubber fuel line, slit one side, and slide it over the sharp edge of the blade. If long enough, you could wrap it from one side to the other, tieing at the top of blade. It might protect your paint if it shifts during a jolt.

Where did you get the nice shovel? I haven't been looking lately, but looks like what I want. Vendor and price???

Really nice idea though.

Bryan E said:
Spressomon,

Looks like a pretty good idea. I would suggest that you get some 1/4 rubber fuel line, slit one side, and slide it over the sharp edge of the blade. If long enough, you could wrap it from one side to the other, tieing at the top of blade. It might protect your paint if it shifts during a jolt.

Where did you get the nice shovel? I haven't been looking lately, but looks like what I want. Vendor and price???

Really nice idea though.

Hey Bryan...thanks for the good idea regarding the tubing...guess where I am going in the morning :D ?

Shovel courtesy of Sears Craftsman...I think it was about $40 last summer. It is too long to fit into one of my AO drawers so I was (key word here...WAS) going to drill out the handle retaining pin then cut the shaft and then reattach the handle...but the handle is epoxied on to the shaft...so no go on the shortening the length idea:rolleyes:

Spressomon
I am just guessing but do you have Slee's rear bumper?
I am asking becouse it has been said that you can not use the high lift support with the JDM licence plate bracket due to interferance.
Your High lift support is on the other side, If it is Slee's bumper did you move the support over? What was involved?

loquito said:
Spressomon
I am asking becouse it has been said that you can not use the high lift support with the JDM licence plate bracket due to interferance.
Your High lift support is on the other side, If it is Slee's bumper did you move the support over? What was involved?

Yes it is the Slee bumper...got it this past summer...everything works fine...license plate light and all. Maybe Christo redesigned it along the way?

Bryan E said:
Spressomon,
Really nice idea though.

I picked up one very similar to that one at Northern Tool. Don't remember exactly what I paid for it but somewhere between $19-$29. Seems good quality and haven't hade any problems with it.

I paid $20.99 for a fiberglass handle, they also have a wooden handle version for $9.99

Last edited:
Where does one buy these quick fist clamps? Dimensions?

loquito,
Spressomon has a 100 Series. The JDM license bracket is for the 80 Series. The Slee 80 Series has the hi-lift on the left side of the tyre and a hi-lift mounted in the Slee 80 rear tyre carrier will hit the JDM license bracket.

I now mount the hi-lift on the Outback rack.
-B-

loquito said:
Spressomon

That is for the 80 series. His bumper is on a 100 series.

Ok...had to fine tune the shovel mount this afternoon. Took a couple wraps of friction tape on the HiLift handle to increase diameter so Quick Fist was more snug. Also added a bunjee cord at the bottom of the shovel handle, just above the spade, that ties it nicely to the HiLift for totally secure mount. JTYMWTK.

Bryan E said:
Spressomon,

Really nice idea though.

The slit tubing is a great idea! But I always have problems getting a straight slit and not cutting myself in the process. Search Mcmaster Carr for "edge trim". You might be able to find a similar product at a hardware store or RV/camper top place. I've got some left over from other projects, and that's what made me think of it. You can get it with single or double lip seals to hold it on the edge.

sleeoffroad said:
That is for the 80 series. His bumper is on a 100 series.
Hey Boe and Slee
thank you for answering my questions. would it be possible to get a 80 series bumper with the high lift mount on the other side so that the JDM licence plate can be used? Would it be hard to move the high lift bracket to the other side, would it fit and work on a 80 bumper?

On our next batch of bumpers, we are centering the tire and putting the hi-lift on the other side. That is the only way to get the hi-lift on the other side. However now that the tire is centered, the JDM license plate holder is not going to work either, but the license plate will now be on the tire carrier swing-arm instead of in the middle of the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom