HIH9 - Arizona Thread - Who's going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've settled on leaving mid day on Tuesday. Spending the night somewhere, possibly near Gallup, NM, and driving into Silverton Wednesday morning.

@D_Web if you switch to leaving Tuesday and want to caravan, let me know.

@Otter will do, I think it's likely I will and will break the drive back up between Sunday and Monday.

@Otter will do, I think it's likely I will and will break the drive back up between Sunday and Monday.

I might do the same on Sunday. Considering that at least 3 out of the 4 trails I picked are currently closed, I doubt my original plan to run trails after Black Bear on Sunday will work.

We are heading out from Phoenix on Tuesday afternoon. We're staying in Cortez or Durango that night and then heading to Silverton early Wednesday. We can't wait!!

@HaiiroKuma
These are not necessarily close to each other and require a specific route to achieve each one...with out hassle.

Last edited:
@HaiiroKuma
These are not necessarily close to each other and require a specific route to achieve each one...with out hassle.
Thanks for the heads up. We are actually going up the 17 through Flagstaff. Then 89 north to 160. US160 goes straight through Cortez on its way to Durango. That is actually the fastest route from where we are in Phoenix by about 20 minutes. I'm just not sure about which we'll stop at. Cortez is cheaper and closer to home but Durango has more to do and is closer to Silverton. It will depend on what time I can get my girl in the truck to leave.

Thanks for the heads up. We are actually going up the 17 through Flagstaff. Then 89 north to 160. US160 goes straight through Cortez on its way to Durango. That is actually the fastest route from where we are in Phoenix by about 20 minutes. I'm just not sure about which we'll stop at. Cortez is cheaper and closer to home but Durango has more to do and is closer to Silverton. It will depend on what time I can get my girl in the truck to leave.

We are camping at the Morefield Campground, right outside of cortez, if you guys want to camp with us. Planning on getting there tuesday afternoon by way of flagstaff (we are heading up to flag monday night to stay with a friend).

Mile Marker 4 U.S. 160, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330

Thx!! My girl has to work a half day on Tuesday. I will have everything packed and ready to go except for her. She's by far the best woman I've ever known at being ready on time but...……...

I'm in, if it looks like we can get there before dark! I have a pretty quick camp setup but I'd rather not try in the dark. I'll send you my info jic.

Thx!! My girl has to work a half day on Tuesday. I will have everything packed and ready to go except for her. She's by far the best woman I've ever known at being ready on time but...……...

I'm in, if it looks like we can get there before dark! I have a pretty quick camp setup but I'd rather not try in the dark. I'll send you my info jic.

Sounds good to me! We'll be there setup with just a tent, nothing crazy... not sleeping in the cruiser like last year, that was too long with too little space.

We will also have lots of beer :)

@Otter - are you taking your Skottle? I'm trying to decide what to do for the pot luck and I'm thinking carne asada and tortillas. But I'd need somewhere to cook the tortillas.

@Otter - are you taking your Skottle? I'm trying to decide what to do for the pot luck and I'm thinking carne asada and tortillas. But I'd need somewhere to cook the tortillas.

I do not have a skottle. I do have a 5 lb propane tank I can bring if you can round one up.

Still not sure about my pot luck contribution. Not that many people are interested in chicken and salsa. Maybe I'll make peanut butter crack ahead of time.

I do not have a skottle. I do have a 5 lb propane tank I can bring if you can round one up.

Still not sure about my pot luck contribution. Not that many people are interested in chicken and salsa. Maybe I'll make peanut butter crack ahead of time.
No worries, not sure where I got that from then. I'll probably go this route anyway and just work it out.

No worries, not sure where I got that from then. I'll probably go this route anyway and just work it out.

I know @Cruddz has a skottle, maybe that's who you were thinking of.

If I can be any help, let me know.

Does anyone have an extra o.e. roof rack screw or two? I'm missing a couple and would rater not leak.:cautious:

I'm not attending HIH, but passed through on Thursday. It was cool seeing this welcome sign as I rolled through town. The weather up here is fantastic!

MVIMG_20190725_134009.jpg

Thanks for coming to HIH9, AZ crew. Appreciate the support and it was great to catch up with you. - chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom