Highest yield NVH insulation for cargo floor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there anything that makes a reliable (even if small) difference in the low frequency 'thud' type noises from the rear?

Dynamat? MLV?

I never thought I would be getting under the trim but I'm refoaming the subwoofer and also want to tighten up the gullwing windows, so what the heck, if I can add a few squares of NVH-reducing material, I might as well.

EDIT: if I get some dynamat, should I put some behind the subwoofer too?

Last edited:
I went nuts with the "SDS Method" on my 99. I added dynamat, then foam and then MLV. It made a little difference, but nothing like I hoped.

I think the biggest bang per effort is the rear wheel wells. Hit that with some dynamat and I think you might notice a difference. Everything else is hard to improve to a noticeable degree (at least in comparison to a newer or more luxury focused vehicle.

If I were to do it all again, I'd focus efforts on very selective dynamat and then I'd chase after all rubber bushings in the suspension and window seals. I think addressing all those seals might make a bigger difference than the DIY sound-proofing stuff unless you're really thorough with it.

^Thanks I cancelled my large dynamat order and just ordered a small amount for the wheel wells, will probably put the rest on the floor or tailgate and call it a day.

Shin-etsuing all the door/window seals is on the list.

I'm freaking out a little. Or rather, I can remember a time I would be very freaked out that the inside is half torn apart. Good to know what's under all the trim. Will dynamat the wheel wells and maybe the inside of the tailgate.

20230308_115730.jpg

20230308_115623.jpg

QUESTION: Anyone know what that unused connector is going over the passenger side rear wheel well? Part of lines that seem to be going to rear AC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom