1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highest mileage FZJ on original HG?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 98 SNAKE EATER, Feb 26, 2007.

1. 98 SNAKE EATER

98 SNAKE EATER

All this talk about blowing head gaskets has me worried :frown:

Just curious, who here has the highest mileage FZJ80 on the original HG?

My last DD was a 95 Previa (2TZFZE) and it went 275,xxx before being totalled in an accident last September :crybaby:

All we ever did was change the oil and brakes in that thing and she was still running strong after the wreck :)

Had to sweet talk the wife into letting me buy a Land Cruiser as a replacement, so I told her we could expect the same kinda service we got out of the Previa and she gave me the green light :grinpimp:

Actually, her main concern was gas mileage, so I told her that since we can use regular gas in an LC, we'd be saving money :lol: (I'm such a stinker)

Anyhoo, the new rig is a clean 97 TLC with almost 82k miles in excellent running condition and with all regular maintenance aside, I'm looking to put at least another 100K on her before touching the motor :cool:

Am I being to hopeful here?

Rick

2. DTAYLOR

DTAYLOR

Not really too hopeful, IMO.

Mine blew at 225k, and I drove the crap out of it every mile I have had it. Had 79k on it when I bought it.

Have her read IdahoDougs post from his latest trip. I t reads like a dime novel so I'm betting she'll like it.

Remember, all :princess: have 3 basic needs:

SECURITY
    SECURITY
    SECURITY

That's what the LC is all about.:cheers:

3. Yotato

Yotato

I know of a 94 for sale that blew it's gasket at 275,000 miles. My friend has worked on a 96 in Sacramento with over 330,000 miles last summer on it's original HG.

4. super90

super90

Media:
    Albums:
    Snake eater,

I bought my '94 with about 105k mi. on it. It now has 186k mi. on original HG. It's doable. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Lot's of 80s out there with original HGs.

5. fzjchase

fzjchase

160k on original HG. Buddy's '96 is at 155k with original HG as well.

6. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle

185,000 with origonal for me.

I think it get's blown out of proportion on the web, like alot of things, cause everyone who's had a head gasket has posted to IH8MUD it seems, which really is a small portion of 80's on the road. (yes, I'm being a little rediculous, but you get the point)

7. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator