high pressure power steering hose at box removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What started as a radiator replacement has now devolved into additional work since I have the front end apart. I got the banjo bolt off the PS pump, how do I get the steering box end of the hose off?? I've tried heat, kroil, hitting it with a hammer and steel rod to shock the nut. The flare nut wrench is rounding off the corners of the nut. Any ideas?? And while we're at it, how do you get the thermostat bypass tube out of the housing? tried heat, kroil, CLR, tapping with hammer, the thing is frozen in there.

Which nut are you trying to remove? There's a high and low pressure hose going to the steering box. Can you take a picture?

Hi, If you have rounded the nut off I’d try a pipe wrench. Mike

Are u trying to remove the power steering pump? If I recall correctly (it’s been a few years now so I may be wrong), I was not able to get one hose off while the pump was still installed in the truck. The other hose had to be removed after the pump was uninstalled.

Are u trying to remove the power steering pump? If I recall correctly (it’s been a few years now so I may be wrong), I was not able to get one hose off while the pump was still installed in the truck. The other hose had to be removed after the pump was uninstalled.
No, it’s the small end of the high pressure hose that screws into the steering box

I allowed The kroil to work it’s magic overnight, so I got the stubborn hose off. One more question.... how do these hose clamps work?

C255CBD0-BEB1-4C94-B838-BF44C2D658A2.jpeg

Both are the same clamps. The black one is a new clamp that has a retainer holding it in the widest open position. Position the clamp and popoff the retainer. The other clamp needs pliers to open the clamp to be able to position it.

Both are the same clamps. The black one is a new clamp that has a retainer holding it in the widest open position. Position the clamp and popoff the retainer. The other clamp needs pliers to open the clamp to be able to position it.
Thanks! I would not have guessed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom