high pitched whine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys
I have had my truck for about a month.
In that time I had a mech look at it and some preventative things were done PHH, wires, distributor cap, fluids replaced.
I not sure if it was there before the work, but I get a high pitch whine that gets higher in pitch as the speed increases. No lose of power.
Is this normal...
Is something about to go bad...
thanks in advance

ronin-0707 said:
hey guys
I have had my truck for about a month.
In that time I had a mech look at it and some preventative things were done PHH, wires, distributor cap, fluids replaced.
I not sure if it was there before the work, but I get a high pitch whine that gets higher in pitch as the speed increases. No lose of power.
Is this normal...
Is something about to go bad...
thanks in advance

My LX450 did the very same thing - a very high pitch whine! - replaced aftermarket ''notched '' belts with OEM Toyota belts and truck runs so quiet now it's hard to tell if it's running.

My power steering pump has was "whiny" - I put a few capfuls of fabric softener in there once in a while per Cruiserdan's advice, no more whine. Smells nice too.

Check your idler bearing. I've replace a few of those on the 450's.

thanks maybe the belts
they were replaced not sure if they are OEM
almost sure the whine was not there prior to the service

I occasionally get a high pitched whine in my LX450. Normally occurs while negotiating off camber obstacles and comes from the passenger seat...

To check the belts, look to see if they are cogged. Toyota belts are NOT cogged and are very quiet. The ones I got from Napa are and they are now hanging on my wall with about 20 miles on them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom