High pitched squealing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

like on the passenger side inside firewall? I think that is the expansion valve making the noise(comes and goes), kinda like a dog whistle. my 60 has always done it(and has a new expansion valve)

Is your AC on when this happens?? I have been getting a high pitch noise when my AC is on.

I just ordered the pump, fan clutch and gasket from rock auto. Unfortunately the gasket is gonna ship a week behind the hard parts....

Ugh, that's my one gripe about Rock Auto. You go to check out and see that your items will ship from five different locations, resulting in longer shipping times AND additional freight charges.

FWIW, I use ToyotaPartsOverstock.com a lot, which actually re-routes to Parts.LakelandToyota.com. It's essentially a standard web portal for a Toyota dealership. The nice thing there is that all the parts they list are OEM - it always blows my mind which OEM parts are still available if you take a look. The website is hard to navigate but worth it.

-Calvin

The WP/pulley/FC combo was Hella expensive, around $500 IIRC.
An Aisin WP is $100 and an Aisin FC is $120 so it's a couple hundred more to get a pulley in there.

They were $140 from RockAuto. Pretty cheap really.

Ugh, that's my one gripe about Rock Auto. You go to check out and see that your items will ship from five different locations, resulting in longer shipping times AND additional freight charges.

They now flag the shipping locations in your shopping cart, and on the product page, to help you minimize individual shipping origin points. It doesn't always solve the problem, but the parts are often so much cheaper that shipping isn't a deal breaker.

For the WP/pulley/FC??? That's a good deal for OEM stuff!
Today it's$140 for just the WP and a FC.

Ya, that's what I meant, apologies. I'm new!

I found a good tutorial on changing the fan clutch here, but I haven't found one for the water pump, any advice?

I got my pump and fan clutch in Thursday. They actually came with two different types of gaskets. I'm stumped on that part.
One is the typical paper gasket and the other is a rubber gasket, that looks like it was made to fit in a groove of some sort?

Where could I find the torque information for the bolts on the water pump, pulley, etc?

Ok, so I need to split the water pump and install that? Do I use rtv with that?

Look closely at the WP, there should be a gasket in place. If not, then it will be necessary to R&R backplate to install gasket. Since the provided gasket already has a bead of silicon sealant, there's no need for more silicon RTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom