High pinion Inner Bearing race, Tricks, clues what have you?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I got everything set, bearings pinion, new ring. But the large Race that goes inside the housing itself. Its offset and sucks. Ive heated up race to 300 and still no love. Any ideas??

These little guys

AC27D894-21EB-40A4-9037-6083D0A06354.jpeg

E8E072EB-FDE7-447C-B337-CBD80C485CB1.jpeg

Trying to seat it? Use a bearing race driver or equivalent sized aluminum/brass disk and hit it square and true. Alternatively use a press.

This is basic mechanic crap. Same stuff you'd run into on any differential

Trying to seat it? Use a bearing race driver or equivalent sized aluminum/brass disk and hit it square and true. Alternatively use a press.

This is basic mechanic crap. Same stuff you'd run into on any differential
Yea Im hip, Ive tried both Im going to use the old race with a race driver. my drivers only go to 81mm and the depth of race and position worries me. I tried press and Not having a ton of luck. housing in in freezer right now race is in oven. no Im not married. or cleaning my birfs in dishwasher would have been a real prob.

Housing in freezer? Lol to shrink it? I think you need to go the other direction bro... Shrink the race

Yup we use to throw the races in the freezer overnight when I worked cruisers.
Liquid nitrogen is what we use on jets if you can get some

I’ve never had a problem pressing them in using the old race. But looking at your picture above it looks like you’re missing your oil storage ring (oil retainer). It would go in before the race to slow the oil from draining out of the smaller pinion bearing.
B026FBF4-A587-45BB-B3E3-2250C352E355.jpeg

Yup we use to throw the races in the freezer overnight when I worked cruisers.
Liquid nitrogen is what we use on jets if you can get some

We used to do that on 570 gas turbine engines. Dry ice works well too.

Its all done, seems like ya'all would know by now I type much faster than I think, high pinion is done new pinion, new ring all new bearing and races everywhere. shes good.

I’ve never had a problem pressing them in using the old race. But looking at your picture above it looks like you’re missing your oil storage ring (oil retainer). It would go in before the race to slow the oil from draining out of the smaller pinion bearing.
View attachment 2088323
I found that in master kit right before I finally got it pressed in, good call.

Basic mechanic crap, Indeed. Problem is Im not nor was I ever a mechanic doing both diffs at same time got a little hectic yet they are all done. so thats a win. bear in mind never even owned metric tools till 2 1/2 years ago. and the only issues Ive ever had with truck was when I paid a tech to work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom