High output alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nor_cal_cyclist

GOLD Star
Threads
Looking to set up my truck with a high output alternator to keep up with my various loads. Any recommendations or experience with DC Power or Mechman or Mean Green?

TIA...

2F? I had a Mean Green on my trail truck when it still had the 2F. I liked it and never had any problem with it. I ran a #2 awg connection directly from the alternator to the battery, though, to make sure I wouldn't fry my stock wiring when winching.

2F? I had a Mean Green on my trail truck when it still had the 2F. I liked it and never had any problem with it. I ran a #2 awg connection directly from the alternator to the battery, though, to make sure I wouldn't fry my stock wiring when winching.
This is going on an LS3 - all new harness for engine and chassis too

I have a 1996 5.7l Vortec in the truck now. I'm using a modified CS-130D, because the CS-130D was stock with the engine. I've upped the ampacity and again, cabled it directly to the battery, and modified it further to use with my Mobi-Arc welder. The stock ammeter just displays load on the battery from the stock circuits and I have a voltmeter now to indicate operation of the alternator. National Quick Start is a good source for parts to upgrade or replace the stock alternator. I don't know what alternator your engine has stock, but with my engine there wasn't a whole lot of room to go to a larger case alternator, so I used upgraded parts with stock alternator.

I have a 1996 5.7l Vortec in the truck now. I'm using a modified CS-130D, because the CS-130D was stock with the engine. I've upped the ampacity and again, cabled it directly to the battery, and modified it further to use with my Mobi-Arc welder. The stock ammeter just displays load on the battery from the stock circuits and I have a voltmeter now to indicate operation of the alternator. National Quick Start is a good source for parts to upgrade or replace the stock alternator. I don't know what alternator your engine has stock, but with my engine there wasn't a whole lot of room to go to a larger case alternator, so I used upgraded parts with stock alternator.

Mine is a fresh crate 6.2 and I have not picked up the front accessory kit yet - wanted to see what will fit best since there are a couple options. Trying to gather all my parts, and my alternator (and starter) were 2 on my list of stuff to figure out and order. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom